<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

Re: ODI l England vs Pakistan at Cardiff (Match Thread)

June 14 2017, 5:14 PM 

Bowlers obviously had nothing to defend but they've still been dreadful. A worn track that both Lanka and Pakistan struggled thier way to 230 two days ago. Now they've knocked these off 2 down in 37 overs.

All round terrible display.

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

June 14 2017, 5:21 PM 

How much longer are commentators going to go on saying that the wicket got "much harder to bat on once Bairstow and/or Root were out"? It's becoming slightly embarrassing.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

June 14 2017, 5:36 PM 

It just goes to show that any team can beat any other when it's their day and perhaps puts Yorkshire's loss against Surrey into some perspective.

The three players Pakistan brought in to replace injured players since their shambles against India seem to be better than the originals.

Can we see if any of these players are available for the T20 Blast!

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

June 14 2017, 5:50 PM 

I take your point Geoff, today was a shock result. But yesterdays result WAS totally expected. A team with 1 player missing should always beat a team with 5 players missing. If we had won, that would have been the shock result!!

Alex
(Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

Out slogged,

June 14 2017, 5:53 PM 

Men vs boys, I'm afraid.
""

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

June 14 2017, 6:39 PM 

I'd agree with you there Alex, unfortunately yesterday was men against boys.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

June 14 2017, 7:17 PM 

Fine EYT, blame them for the situation.

And blame them for choosing Cardiff as a location when the crowds have hardly flocked too

June 14 2017, 7:40 PM 

I do blame them, as they chose the pitch, it's their staff etc.
I'm not one for conspiracy theories but a India v Pakistan final, I date say, will be very lucrative for the ICC!!

Jay
(Login overman8)

June 14 2017, 8:51 PM 

Congratulations to Pakistan they outfought and out-thought England today. I hope they beat India, mainly to see the reaction on brat boy Kohli's face.

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

June 14 2017, 9:28 PM 

Was there really such great surprise about today's result? The suspicion that a large number of the vaunted England batting line-up are really just "flat track bullies" isn't exactly new. Only two batsmen of undoubted test class got beyond 40 today, while Stokes, who can probably be added to that list, hung around solidly. But Morgan's inflexible demand that all the batsmen carry on blazing away whatever the conditions made the same sort of mess of the innings as we saw at Lord's a couple of weeks ago. Of course, Pakistan bowled exceptionally well, but there seemed to be no Plan B for dealing with that eventuality. Perhaps it's my age, but for Morgan to argue that the team can't perform on a worn wicket seems very strange to me. It's almost an admission of incompetence.

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

June 14 2017, 10:39 PM 

Bairstow's innings not too disimilar to the one Leaning is receiving stick for yesterday.

Fraisse10
(Login Fraisse10)

June 15 2017, 9:03 AM 

Seriously, now that #CT17 is over, can we ask for some or all of our players back? Particularly Willey and YJB?

(Login ThirdUmpire)

June 15 2017, 9:13 AM 

Dwight - how are the 2 innings similar? One opened in first innings trying to set a total on a tricky surface and the other batted at three in a run chase but he failed to score quickly enough. Leaning had the far easier task in my view.

The irony of yesterday's defeat is that Roy was rested so now England are out then he can go and play for Surrey in their semi final on Saturday. If we had won i bet three of our England players would have been told to rest and they would have then been seen on golf courses and in the sky box

andrew shaw
(Login suffolktyke364)

O D I

June 15 2017, 9:26 AM 

The reason england lost is obvious.Too much championship cricket has dulled our players one day ability.The solution,which Andrew Strauss and his enormous team of lackies will soon latch on to,is to reduce the number of matches to no more than 6 a season.The space left in the fixture list could accomodate at least two more t/20 and another 50 over competition.This way means counties can import many more overseas has beens, and there will be no need to produce test cricketers as there will be no test cricket.Problem solved

(Login ExiledinNotts)

June 15 2017, 9:38 AM 

Now that England are out will this release any of our players for the Middlesex game ?

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

June 15 2017, 9:53 AM 

The excuse for England's pathetic exit was the used pitch.

The reason was poor leadership and bad management.

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

June 15 2017, 10:02 AM 

Morgan should have used the disrupting a winning side excuse. Afterall Jason Roy going home with a 100% win rate!

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

June 15 2017, 10:14 AM 

Someone actually suggested that on one of the cricket forums (probably in jest).

It was along the lines of England always win when Roy plays, and everytime Bairstow gets picked they lose !!

June 15 2017, 10:21 AM 

"The reason was poor leadership and bad management."

No it wasn't, the reason was Pakistan played better than us.

(Login matthefish2002)

June 15 2017, 10:22 AM 

To me it seems like England in 50 over cricket done have a plan B and can grind out a result.
All guns blazing and when that doesn't work they don't have anything to fall back on.
Had plenty of time, money and energy has gone into the England to get them right for the Champions Trophy and at times were really good to watch but was alarming way they fell apart yesterday.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk