<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

Re: Yorks v Middlesex CC pre-match thread

June 19 2017, 7:38 AM 

By 'stuff upstairs' I meant what the Aussies call 'ticker'. Probably a poor choice of phrase on my part but I wasn't referring to intelligence.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

June 19 2017, 7:57 AM 

I would guess that the remark has a lot to do with attitude and very little to do with intelligence.

To reach the very top as a sportsman you need to dedicate yourself absolutely to your sport, at what is a very exciting time of your life when so many things become possible and there are so many distractions.

Natural talent will only get you so far.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

June 19 2017, 9:26 AM 

Natural talent does get you so far but no further. Some players get a long way on talent alone. Reminds me of what Simon Hughes said about Wayne Larkins. A man of simple pleasures. Five pints and a packet of Bensons was his prep for the next days batting. The cricinfo profile of him suggests that he was possibly the worst room mate for a young and impressionable Tuffers! Larkins certainly had ticker but how much he honed his skills I've no idea. The age old debate. Does a talented player always improve through hard work or does that hard work take away something essential about how he plays

Fraisse10
(Login Fraisse10)

June 19 2017, 9:40 AM 

I'm going tomorrow. Too hot for me today, though I'm sure Lord's will look a picture.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk