<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Day/night CC

June 16 2017 at 5:29 PM
Stu  (Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

There was a very interesting discussion during the mid-innings break of todays match re the pink ball. It has more lacquer on it, and a black and more pronounced raised seam, with a result that it will move around a lot more early on, compared to the red ball. This coupled with the no toss rule could see lots of insertions and early wickets in the round of matches starting a week on Monday. There could also be a lot of declarations late on in the day to make best use of the late evening conditions.

There were also concerns expressed that a lot of the matches will not last more than 3 days.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Jun 16, 2017 5:52 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login matthefish2002)

Re: Day/night CC

June 16 2017, 6:52 PM 

Are day / night Championship games an attempt to try and improve the crowds or mainly for test players to prepare for the d/n test?

Will be intrested in seeing how they work out but uncertain it will feel like proper cricket.

Twelfth Man
(Login twelthman)

June 16 2017, 7:07 PM 

Got a couple of half days booked off for it so in that regard it is useful (two days' cricket from one day's holiday effectively). Not sure how it will go but I have my suspicions/fears which have not been eased by the information from the OP. Ultimately I hope we win and that's the be all and end all really, for me anyway.

This message has been edited by twelthman on Jun 16, 2017 7:08 PM

YorkTyke
(Login YorkTyke)

June 18 2017, 7:58 PM 

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

June 18 2017, 8:30 PM 

Ball doing more won't be a bad thing. Should make for some exciting Cricket.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk