<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Academy game

June 17 2017 at 10:58 PM
JollyD  (Login JollyD)

I have tried in vain to find the Academy scorecard on TCS. Even at 10.50pm the site says the game has not started. I feel the light may be a bit poor now, even in high summer.
The last time this occurred I was told it was to do with a dongle, whatever that is. Either it is faulty or we can't afford one.
Can anyone with technological know-how explain this ?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
(Login KennyShovel)

Re: Academy game

June 17 2017, 11:20 PM 

Can't help with your dongle conundrum but there's a scorecard here:

http://ypln.play-cricket.com/website/results/2919208

(Login WhiteroseDave)

June 18 2017, 8:28 AM 

A question for those who know a bit about the academy/2nd teams. Just looking at the scorecard, with very little knowledge, I notice that Fisher, Warner & Carver are all batting in the top 3. Is that their usual positions in these games suggesting some all round capabilities? Obviously if/when they become first team regulars it'll be based on their bowling but I'm sure an extra string to the bow won't do any harm.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

June 18 2017, 9:49 AM 

All the Yorkshire Premier League North results here - lots of Yorkshire players involved.

http://ypln.play-cricket.com/website/news_articles/167798

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

June 18 2017, 10:16 AM 

Could it be that players who are currently in the first team squad, for example Jack Leaning, who have a 4 day game to prepare for in London starting on Monday, are doing themselves more harm than good by playing for their local teams on a Saturday!

I'm not saying the opposition bowlers and pitches and fielding aren't of a decent standard, but you could easily convince yourself you're in better form than you really are, only to come down to earth with a bump at Lords facing the likes of Toby Roland-Jones!

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

June 18 2017, 12:07 PM 

Sorry to harp on about it, a constant theme...

These players are an elite. They may be tailenders in County cricket but in club cricket - even the very top end of club cricket, which this is - they are considerable batsmen.

I note Karl Carver batted at 3 for Sheriff Hutton Bridge. Down at Taunton he was number 10, but there he played two brilliant innings against top bowling on a tricky pitch and in a pressure situation.

In the first innings he combined with Ryan Sidebottom to add 31 priceless runs for the last wicket; he made 20. In the second, he scored 13 before being run out by a poor call from Gary Ballance - just one of those mistakes which we all make. In this innings he took a terrible battering from Jamie Overton, but he battled through it.

Most club players, against that pace, or against the spin of Leach and Bess, would have been totally out of their depth, sunk without trace - not to mention scared witless.

JollyD
(Login JollyD)

Academy game

June 18 2017, 7:55 PM 

Thank you, Kenny Shovel for the scorecard. That was a surprising result. Matthew Fisher 'done' by elder brother, Mark.
Star bowler for Sheriff Hutton Bridge was Freddie Collins, formerly in the Yorkshire Schools side but not considered good enough for the Academy at that tome.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk