<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Me4791
(Login Me4791)

Re: Championship | Middlesex vs Yorkshire at Lord's (Day One)

June 19 2017, 11:09 AM 

Both teams with a lack of batting. Middlesex with 4 out and out batsman with keeper Simpson at 5 and Yorkshire with 5 with Rashid at 6 and a tail of Brooks, Patterson, Coad and Sidebottom. Will Brooks bat 8? Don't think he has ever been that high in his County career?

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

June 19 2017, 11:20 AM 

Centurian Jack Brooks i think you mean....

C'mon.
C'Mon.
Hurry up harry come on...

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

June 19 2017, 11:27 AM 

I'm guessing you were given the heads up about Brook at Farsley on Saturday, Steve.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

June 19 2017, 11:39 AM 

Would still like to see young Coad given new ball with Siddy, but both openers economical at moment. Will be interesting to see how young Brook fares but rather hard on Jsck Leaning. Maybe Lees position in some doubt for Surrey match if he fails again?
Pity this game is not on TV with Champions of last two seasons in opposition and no other international games until Friday.

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

June 19 2017, 11:45 AM 

There's an England game on Wednesday!

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

June 19 2017, 12:01 PM 

I didnt make it to Farsley in the end.
I went to watch Spen Victoria Seconds instead.......

This looks like a four day game to me.
I'm pleased i'm not there to watch Compton bat.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

June 19 2017, 12:11 PM 

Whoops EYT missed that one in diary! We could do with a wicket 😀

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

June 19 2017, 12:45 PM 

It would appear to be a great toss to win for Middlesex. Looks like the usual 500 plays 500 dull boring draw wicket, as usual at Lords.

Egham Tyke
(Login Davetyke)

June 19 2017, 12:48 PM 

Red hot day in London today can see Lords from my office in Paddington but sadly that's as near as I'll get. 1 wicket got but can't see anymore going anytime soon

Gavin Gray
(Login yorkie1863)

June 19 2017, 1:18 PM 

Congratulations to Harry Brook on his call up.

Also the England women are playing today. Sky should be covering it. Sri Lanka are batting first

Tom
(Login whiterosetom)

June 19 2017, 1:44 PM 

With little information to goo off since i'm not there, I don't think we're doing too bad getting two wickets before lunch and keeping their run rate down given the heat conditions. They haven't got much batting to come but it can't be easy fielding in this heat.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

June 19 2017, 1:58 PM 

Might be worth a go with Rashid? Wish I was there - almost came, but in the end work commitments (and promised jobs around the house won out) - will be doing days in Scarborough in exchange

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

June 19 2017, 2:22 PM 

Just had an hour in the garden hoping some more wickets would be down, there must be one due very soon ....The usual Yorkshire practice of letting two batsmen get well established before bowling Rashid or spin, wonder why they play them 🙁

This message has been edited by Alibor2 on Jun 19, 2017 2:28 PM

Egham Tyke
(Login Davetyke)

June 19 2017, 2:46 PM 

Looks like a long afternoon in the field with little reward. 33 degrees now, just glad I'm in an office with good A/C

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

June 19 2017, 2:50 PM 

Dead flat wicket and a very hot day in the field, as I said earlier, not a toss to lose and have to bowl.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

June 19 2017, 3:07 PM 

I would have bowled Rashid earlier, but to be honest, I have every faith in Balance. He is shaping up to be an excellent captain. He plays it as he sees it - just a shame that Middx produce such roads. How they managed to get so many results last season is a miracle

Jay
(Login overman8)

June 19 2017, 3:17 PM 

Pretty uninspiring pitch, mirroring their style. Need something a bit special from our attack here.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

June 19 2017, 3:37 PM 

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

June 19 2017, 3:37 PM 

Martin, I believe they only got 1 positive result at Lords lat seasonn, which was against us, all the rest were draws. There other wins came away from home. I will check!

looks like they bat till tea tomorrow and get 500. We bat till lunch on Thursday and get 500. Match drawn at 4.50 on Thursday. Scoreboard pressure could win them the match, but my money is a rock solid draw.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

June 19 2017, 3:39 PM 

Thanks Stu - I was going to check that too - I was thinking that this might be the case as soon as I posted it.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk