<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Brian
(Login NewBrian)

Re: Championship | Middlesex vs Yorkshire at Lord's (Day One)

June 19 2017, 6:42 PM 

You may well be right, Stuart, unfortunately

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

June 19 2017, 6:50 PM 

I will be both amazed and delighted if we keep them to less than 500 tomorrow.

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

June 19 2017, 8:07 PM 

I'm saying 390 all out......

Pyrahtechnics
(Login Pyrahtechnics)

June 19 2017, 8:52 PM 

Given that the tail starts at 8, it would have to take at least one daddy hundred from the Yorkshire top 5 batsmen to get 500.

Just got to hope Yorkshire get Sam Robson out early doors and Adil Rashid to quickly remove the tail for any chance of salvaging a win.

Sid
(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

June 19 2017, 9:00 PM 

All this talk of 'a road' and '500 plays 500', lets wait until we've batted. Batting tomorrow, most likely after 5 baking hot sessions in the field, won't be easy. Middlesex have an excellent attack, probably the best in the league (or at least on a par with us). I'll take a draw from here.

This message has been edited by sid-don on Jun 19, 2017 9:03 PM

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

June 19 2017, 9:13 PM 

I will also take a draw. No way can we get anything better than that.

According to the "Sky News" report, Robson was dropped on 31. No idea by whom.

Sid
(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

June 19 2017, 9:22 PM 

The missed Robson chance: As per the Guardian rolling commentary from their site - low C&B to Brooks.

DW
(Login Bergenopzoom)

C&B

June 19 2017, 9:26 PM 

The caught and bowled was barely a chance, diving forward full length in his follow through

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

June 19 2017, 9:40 PM 

Warmish welcome to Championship cricket for Harry.

No pressure but a hundred at Lords on Championship debut has to be the dream.

Still all to play for, if they get 500 I might change my opinion and modify my expectations.

LUTyke
(Login Y4EV)

Middlesex vs Yorkshire (Day 1)

June 19 2017, 9:43 PM 

I don't see it very likely that Yorkshire can come back to win this and would now take the draw. But I'm baffled that with all the comebacks we've seen from this Yorkshire team that our fans still have a tendency to write off games after the first day or even the first session. We saw it last week how the game was long gone when we were 95-6 in the first innings.

Twelfth Man
(Login twelthman)

June 19 2017, 9:53 PM 

I'm always hopeful of a comeback when we're in a situation such as the Somerset game, because I know that our bowling is our strength and I always feel that if an inferior attack can get wickets, ours certainly can. However, I can't remember many occasions when we've come back from conceding 450-500 plus to win. Time is an issue to start with, then scoreboard pressure.

(Login Tyke1950)

June 19 2017, 11:56 PM 

Yorkshire did OK - on a road. It was a very dry road, however, and may become more difficult after its been baked in the sun for a bit longer.
The Brooks caught and bowled was so tough, I didn't even register it!
All the bowlers were tidy, though only extreme pace might have made an impact. The fielding held up in the heat.
Robson did what he does extremely well. Stirling batted better than I've ever seen him bat before.
It was, in all honesty a soporific day's play in uncomfortable heat. Yorkshire stuck to their task well, however I don't feel very confident about how they will get on after a further four or five hours baking under a merciless sun.

There was a reasonable crowd in attendance but many of us had to queue for forty minutes to buy a ticket. Free bottles of water and profuse apologies were not really enough to assuage the anger of a few. I was genuinely concerned for some of the very elderly spectators. It wasn't satisfactory.

(Login dpressed)

June 20 2017, 8:09 AM 

Sounds like someone forgot that Middlesex were playing Yorkshire so there would be people paying to get in

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk