<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Peter Handscombe named in Australia Test squad v Bangladesh

June 19 2017 at 11:00 AM
Me4791  (Login Me4791)

Handscombe named in squad v Bangladesh
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/40303190

Was this mentioned as a probability when he signed? T20 knockout and CC matches to be missed.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Me4791
(Login Me4791)

Re: Peter Handscombe named in Australia Test squad v Bangladesh

June 19 2017, 11:04 AM 

To answer my own question=yes
http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/cricket/yorkshire/yorkshire-to-be-patient-over-peter-handscomb-s-possible-australian-duty-1-8349722

First warm up game of tour starts 22nd August and final test ends 8th September

Pyrahtechnics
(Login Pyrahtechnics)

June 19 2017, 8:01 PM 

Handscomb missing the Middlesex CC game at Headingley and probably Essex at Chelmsford as his state side will want him for the Matador BBQ Cup campaign.

Might as well get Kane Williamson in for the remaining four CC games and a couple of T20 games so he is eligible for the knockout stages.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

June 19 2017, 8:26 PM 

I got the impression Yorkshire and Williamson called it quits after the way his last stint ended. I may be wrong but it felt like it ended badly, although nothing was said officially.

Twelfth Man
(Login twelthman)

June 19 2017, 8:57 PM 

Shame if true. Can't say I was too happy at the time but Rashid has been forgiven so why not Williamson? If not, I don't know if there is a rule preventing overseas players from playing for more than one county in a season, but I would love to see Pujara back.

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

June 20 2017, 10:36 AM 

I thought it was fairly common knowledge that Rashid was pressured out of last year's Middlesex game by the ECB. I'd be happy to be corrected on that if I'm wrong, but I thought we'd had the information from a reliable source. (Ian Dews perhaps?)

(Login ThirdUmpire)

June 20 2017, 10:48 AM 

That's news to me then as I don't recall it being mentioned at the time by Rashid , Gale, Dizzy or Moxon

garywilson
(Login garywilson2)

June 20 2017, 10:48 AM 

Better with Jake Lehmann .

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

June 20 2017, 11:33 AM 

Think the Williamson situation is slightly different. He had clearly bitten off more than he could chew and was knackered. He could have foreseen it, as could the club but ultimately just one of those things I think.

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

June 20 2017, 1:10 PM 

Why would the ECB have pressured Rashid into withdrawing rather than just do what they did with Jonny Bairstow for the same game?

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk