<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

2nd X1 report

June 21 2017 at 8:36 AM
Stu  (Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

As usual, nothing on the OS, re yesterdays match at York for the seconds.

Did anyone go??

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
marsker
(Login marskeman)

Re: 2nd X1 report

June 21 2017, 8:59 AM 

Regular updates on yccc Twitter.

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

June 21 2017, 9:13 AM 

Interesting day's cricket at York. Having watched the British Lions live, I turned up a bit late, so I missed Kohler-Cadmore's innings. Apparently he had 'played some good shots' in his 22. It looked the sort of fresh pitch where big, strong seam bowlers - like Derbyshire's - could cause problems.

There was plenty of playing and missing, and the occasional edge, as Tattersall, Rhodes and Waite all fell to wk/slip catches after promising beginnings. Leaning, however, survived and went on to anchor the innings as the likes of Gibson, Thompson and Rafiq attacked. Rafiq made a valuable and attractive fifty which turned the innings round.

Perhaps conditions had eased, and certainly the ball was much older, when Fisher came in to play some Graveney-esque drives in a fine innings of 38, I think. Leaning battled on, solid and occasionally fluent, and the the tail contributed little after Fisher, Yorkshire reached 302, which was good from 128 for 5 at lunch.

Fisher then went past the bat 2 or 3 or 4 times an over, but without luck, while Wainman was as bad at York as he had been good at Scarborough - the dangers of making judgements on one sighting! It was 30 for 0 off 6 overs when I had to leave, nearly all the runs off Wainman.

I left because I was frozen, dressed for the hot weather I had left Manchester in, not for the 15C (feels like 10 in the north wind) at York. Hope for warmer today, but I'll have a coat and trousers with me, this time.

Hope that does you, Stu.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

June 21 2017, 11:32 AM 

Thanks Dave, for doing the OS`s job for them.

marsker
(Login marskeman)

June 21 2017, 1:29 PM 

Update from yccc Twitter. Derbyshire 139-2 both wickets to Rhodes.

marsker
(Login marskeman)

June 21 2017, 4:26 PM 

Derbyshire 241-6 carver 3 wickets. Rafiq 1 wicket.

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

June 21 2017, 8:22 PM 

Just got home from day 2. Derbyshire topped our score by about 80. Good innings by someone called Jones - a trialist, apparently - who made a stylish hundred. Cork made 70-odd, and few of their batsmen looked in any trouble against any of our bowlers except Carver, who maintained a good length, with some loop, despite being hit for a few straight sixes.

Fisher and the other seamers were most disappointing on a flat pitch. No consistency of length; no threat. Rafiq was flat and mechanical.

We had about 15 overs to bat out, and Kohler-Cadmore impressed with some powerful drives and one fierce cut, while looking fairly secure in defence, too. Tattersall simply impressed, just looks a good player at the moment, whatever his shortcomings may have been before.

So we're about 40 behind.

Lovely day today, not too hot, perfect weather for cricket. Decent turn-out.

(Login wpears)

June 22 2017, 12:21 PM 

Lunch time report on day three please

(Login ThirdUmpire)

June 22 2017, 12:24 PM 

Lees and Lyth parachuted in for naughty boy nets....

marsker
(Login marskeman)

June 22 2017, 12:37 PM 

yorks 99-1 tom kohler cadmore 67 not out, tattersall out for 31.

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

June 22 2017, 2:17 PM 

TKC just scored his first 100 for the club........the first of many I hope.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

June 22 2017, 4:24 PM 

Yorkshire are 294 for 2 at tea. KC at the crease on 150*, with Jack Leaning 60*.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

June 22 2017, 4:46 PM 

now 366-2. Leaning has his 100.

(Login wpears)

June 22 2017, 5:48 PM 

Yorkshire scores please

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

June 22 2017, 6:03 PM 

No more updates since the last score. It will have ended as a draw.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

June 22 2017, 6:43 PM 

Yorkshire finished the day on 430 for 4. Kohler-Cadmore 230 and Leaning 114*. Match drawn.

(Login middlestumps)

June 22 2017, 6:45 PM 

The match ended in a draw once KC was out. He was aiming to hit 6 6's in an over but after hitting 4 in one over he was out and the teams shook hands.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk