<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Shaun Marsh

June 23 2017 at 7:22 AM
Lew  (Login Lewis_116)

Signed up for T20 according to our official Twitter feed.

Great move.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

Re: Shaun Marsh

June 23 2017, 7:44 AM 

Moxon mentions him potentially playing red ball cricket too, so it looks like he'll stay on and replace Handscomb.

Twelfth Man
(Login twelthman)

June 23 2017, 7:49 AM 

Fantastic news. Makes me feel much better about the rest of the season.

(Login ExiledinNotts)

June 23 2017, 7:55 AM 

Excellent news hope we see him play championship cricket at Scarborough

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

June 23 2017, 8:04 AM 

I won't mention his shambolic performance against the moving ball in the 2015 Ashes 😉

(Login ThirdUmpire)

June 23 2017, 8:10 AM 

I doubt he'll be facing bowlers of the quality of Broad and Anderson so I wouldn't worry.

Useful signing for both formats and good to see our Aussie connections still strong.

Tyke1950
(Login Tyke1950)

June 23 2017, 8:19 AM 

Being naturally sceptical I'll need to be convinced.

He's not in the first flush of youth. He's had disciplinary issues. Is prone to lapses of form. I wonder why he's not yet found a billet elsewhere......

All very negative. Let's hope he proves a great success and we all warm to him as if he were from Wibsey not W.A.

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

June 23 2017, 8:23 AM 

Great to see the usual negativity in amongst the comments! happy.gif

He averages 40 with a strike rate of 130 in 20/20 cricket........you'll to well to find available players with better records than that.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

June 23 2017, 8:36 AM 

Oh he's a tremendous t20 batsman, no doubt about that.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

June 23 2017, 9:42 AM 

I hope he comes off.

I understand the idea is to build a successful T20 team and if they win, people will come. Fair enough.

From a marketing point of view I feel we are missing a trick by not seeking a big name from the sub-continent.

I think there is a large demographic, not too far away from Headingley, who could be tempted to T20 by a Shoaib Malik or Fakhar Zaman.

Monkwood
(Login Monkwood)

Shaun Marsh

June 23 2017, 2:21 PM 

Coastal view the sub continental fans failed to turn up at Headingley a few years ago to support the Whole Pakistani team versus Australia, if my memory serves me correctly and helped to significantly increase our debt !!

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

June 23 2017, 5:18 PM 

We now have 2 decent overseas bats for the T20. Good job really as we will not have Root, Bairstow or Ballance for any of the games and possibly no Rashid.

KC, Willey, Lyth, Hanscombe, Marsh, Leaning, Bresnan, Plunkett, Waite, Rafiq, Fisher. looks the possible side for most of the games.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Jun 23, 2017 5:37 PM

(Login dpressed)

June 23 2017, 7:46 PM 

Monkwood is correct. Yorkshire turned down an ODI (which was switched to Old Trafford) for the chance to host a Pakistan vs Australia test match. I was one of those who applauded the county for doing to as, like most, I expected it to be well supported by 'the asian comunity'. Sadly Yorkshire (& the rest of us) were totally wrong. The match was very poorly attended & it was a major cause of the county making a loss. I still think it was the right thing to do, but from then on the county is right not bother about appeasing 'the Asian market'. Once bitten twice shy (babe)

Scawsby
(Login Cusworth)

Ian Unter

June 23 2017, 9:49 PM 

At least 2 Yorkshire fans are fans of Ian Unter! Anybody else aaaaaaht theer???

(Login dpressed)

June 23 2017, 10:05 PM 

On Once Bitten, Twice Shy Ian 'unter was allied with an ex Spider from Mars, namely the late Mick Ronson ... from 'ull. Sadly Ronson's mother, a noted resident of the city, sadly also recently died

Scawsby
(Login Cusworth)

Ronson

June 23 2017, 10:20 PM 

Sad to hear about Mick Ronsons mum. I know this is a cricket site but Ronson was not just a Yorkshire legend, but an English legend. A world renowned guitarist and a great bloke.

Brian
(Login NewBrian)

June 23 2017, 10:37 PM 

I went on the last day (cut price tickets) as there looked to be a chance that Australia would lose - sadly they didn't. There wasn't a huge crowd but it was noticeable that whole families turned up. It was an excellent atmosphere, so much better than when England are involved.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk