<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

Re: EGM

June 27 2017, 11:37 AM 

First time i've ever seen him at Headingley - with his annoying Prince Phillip impersonation...

(Login dikaiopolis)

June 27 2017, 11:46 AM 

Last time Old Trafford hosted an Ashes test, they claimed to have taken £1 million through the bars over the 5 days, so that's £200,00 per day. So £24m divided by 200,00 = 120 days over 40 years, so 3 days per year of sales at that level. But of course that's takings, not profits, so that will need to at least doubled to cover costs - so do we have 6 days per year with a sell-out, boozy crowd?

Do all the bar takings go towards paying for the stand, or is it only the bars in the actual stand? If the former, they might need to close all the other bars! Also, discourage children, methodists, muslims, etc from coming as they won't make a big enough contribution.

Ball Sup (Phil)
(Login ball_sup)

June 27 2017, 11:46 AM 

Under cross questioning about future ground developments & overall comfort, Arthur trumpeted that the seats on the Carnegie Pavilion Balcony had been replaced for this season.
Classic....

JollyD
(Login JollyD)

EGM

June 27 2017, 12:33 PM 

Yes, they were, during a second team match. An industrial drill was operating non-stop above me. When I made enquiries at the barely accessible pavilion office, I was advised to change my viewing position. There was no response when I asked why the newest seats in the ground needed to be replaced already.

Rachel
(Login sheffieldrose)

finances

June 27 2017, 3:24 PM 

I read the annual accounts and just despair at the idea that the existing debt can be repaid, let alone the additional amount that has just been agreed. It seems to me that the board don't want to be the ones to say to the ECB that YCCC can not continue to pay for the expected improvements and be in charge when test status is lost. To be fair to them, that option may have passed as they are too far down the line of increasing debt to pay for improvements.

Unless they have discovered the mythical magic money tree, I can see the club going bust or suffering the same fate as Durham CC in the next few years

Rachel
(Mrs Ball Sup!)

Former Country Member
(Login FormerlyCountryMember)

EGM

June 27 2017, 3:49 PM 

"That represents an awful lot of members (a big majority) who chose not to engage in the decision-making process! Apathy? Bewilderment? Resignation? Doesn't sound very healthy to me."

My answer to the above, possibly rhetorical, question is "not Apathy but Bewilderment and Resignation", together with an overwhelming feeling of Powerlessness.

(Login sooty-yorkie1)

June 27 2017, 7:47 PM 

I wonder what the turnout was on the vote, I'm guessing something like 15-20?

It doesn't look like a great deal to me, for what is an emotive subject on here, i thought the turnout would be higher.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk