<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

EGM

June 26 2017 at 12:19 PM
Ball Sup (Phil)  (Login ball_sup)

Arthur
Stadium Naming Rights contract signed last Friday.
Will provide 85% of the rent for the new stand for the next 10 years.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Ball Sup (Phil)
(Login ball_sup)

Re: EGM

June 26 2017, 12:29 PM 

Arthur
New Joint Venture agreement between Cricket & Rugby.
Buy a pint at the Rugby, YCCC get half the money.
Buy a pint at the Cricket, YCCC get half the money.

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

June 26 2017, 12:36 PM 

How many pints do we have to buy to clear £24 million?

Ball Sup (Phil)
(Login ball_sup)

June 26 2017, 12:41 PM 

Arthur
Truly confident current debt of £25m will be paid off in 7 to 10 years.

Ball Sup (Phil)
(Login ball_sup)

June 26 2017, 12:46 PM 

Financial Institution can't be named yet
Stadium Naming Rights can't be identified yet.

Said by ?Denison?. Although I'm not sure if I'm allowed to name him.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

June 26 2017, 12:47 PM 

I haven't done the maths yet to know if the pint share is good or bad for cricket.

But I think from my experience few pints are sold at four day games so it's the test and t20 where we sell the most. Perhaps 15 days a year with average gate of 8000 at best?

Rugby have around 14 home games a year with crowds of 10000 but a lot more kids.

I'm already lost as to whether Caddick has stuffed us again

Ball Sup (Phil)
(Login ball_sup)

June 26 2017, 12:52 PM 

Member basically asking.....
When will all this Bollox stop?
We get the new stand up to scratch, then we'll need to develop another bit of the ground.

He's partially shouted down by people wanting their dinner

Ball Sup (Phil)
(Login ball_sup)

June 26 2017, 12:54 PM 

Postal vote 1345 for
64 against.
Overwhelming FOR on show of hands in the room.

Ball Sup (Phil)
(Login ball_sup)

June 26 2017, 1:02 PM 

ThirdUmp
The point was made that .... Cricket pints can be dependent on weather, state of game, etc.
Rugby pints, those fellas pile in regardless.
Also, if YCCC don't get a big international game one year, we are "protected" a little as we'll still get the money from the rugby beers.
Hey, don't shoot the messenger.

garywilson
(Login garywilson2)

beer

June 26 2017, 1:03 PM 

i am willing to do my bit and drink more beer if it will help clear the debt.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

June 26 2017, 1:13 PM 

Only if they improve the quality of the beer

Ball Sup (Phil)
(Login ball_sup)

June 26 2017, 1:55 PM 

It's the lack of variety that'll kill you. Earlier in the season, Worcester had SIX different beers on cask. A 50 over game that one. Lord's had four on cask.

Black Sheep or nowt....

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

June 26 2017, 7:30 PM 

I hope the agreement is for pints by volume and the rugby haven't pulled a fast one.

They sell a lot of beer and lager in 2 pint containers.

just grazing
(Login Justgrazing)

June 27 2017, 9:45 AM 

Should we all be concerned that the grand plan to repay our £40 million debt pile rests on the sale of beer on 35 days of cricket and 17 rugby matches? Perhaps there is a cunning plan to sell beer at £3000 per pint (almost London prices) but even the least canny Yorkshireman will work out that there is better beer available at much lower prices within a few minutes from the ground.

Ball Sup (Phil)
(Login ball_sup)

June 27 2017, 10:34 AM 

One Member in the room pointed out the "profit" YCCC would have to make year on year to pay off the £25m on Mark Arthur's timescale. (Sorry, I didn't write it down).

Much was made of the new T20 guarantee, the ECB TV rights money. I think I heard of which 10% is upfront, the Stadium naming rights, an Ashes Test, etc. All I really heard was JAM TOMORROW.

The new stand will be on a 42 year lease. So, the YCCC Financial Wizard has drawn up a 42 year cashflow spreadsheet.

I thought to myself "one spreadsheet, 99 pages of assumptions".

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

June 27 2017, 10:44 AM 

I have given up on the debt, cash flow problems, profits or otherwise of the club. We don`t make enough profit now to pay of our existing debt and just about cover the annual interest payments. I will probably not be around when they go bankrupt, which they most certainly will, so I abstained.

The club will make a massive profit from the England v Afganistan test in May 2021!!

Did not want to curtail there plans as it makes no difference to me personally, but no way do I approve of going £43m into debt. In 5 years time another part of the ground will need development and then another £20m will be added onto the debt, and so it goes on.

Going to have to sell a hell of a lot of beer to pay that debt off!!

Ball Sup (Phil)
(Login ball_sup)

June 27 2017, 11:03 AM 

I wholeheartedly agree Stu.
I voted NO. But, it's just a futile shot across the bow.
I tittered when the question was asked about compliance with ICC requirements. I did three Tests in India over the Winter. Headingley might have faults, but it is a palace compared to some International grounds I've been to.
That amount of debt, with those income streams. Laughable.

(Login BrickyardBoy)

June 27 2017, 11:18 AM 

"Postal vote 1345 for
64 against.
Overwhelming FOR on show of hands in the room."

That represents an awful lot of members (a big majority) who chose not to engage in the decision-making process! Apathy? Bewilderment? Resignation? Doesn't sound very healthy to me.

(Login BrickyardBoy)

June 27 2017, 11:32 AM 

"How many pints do we have to buy to clear £24 million?"

Well Dave, I noticed that yesterday they were charging £3.90 a pint at the bar behind the scoreboard.

So to cover £24 million, I reckon 6,153,846.15 would need to be sold, plus enough extra to cover costs. So perhaps twice that number = 12,307,692.3 If you multiplied that by my potential take-up, i.e Nil, then the calculation would be 12,307,692.3 x 0 = 0.

Is there something wrong with my maths, or have I stumbled on the YCCC Board's business plan; and if I have, was it devised at a tea-party which took place at the bottom of a rabbit hole?

Ball Sup (Phil)
(Login ball_sup)

June 27 2017, 11:33 AM 

Fair Play to Club President Richard Hutton though. He wasn't listening properly & Bird was in his ear.
On show of hands, Hutton voted both FOR and AGAINST the motion.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk