<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Hanscomb availability

June 27 2017 at 9:18 AM
Stu  (Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

The dispute with the Aussie cricketers rumbles on.

Very likely we will get Hanscomb for all season now, with the Bangladesh tour cancelled.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/40414731

Could also be quite a lot of Aussie cricketers looking around for counties to play for.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Fraisse10
(Login Fraisse10)

Re: Hanscomb availability

June 27 2017, 9:31 AM 

I hadn't seen that the tour was cancelled, yet at least?

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

June 30 2017, 5:04 PM 

The deadline has passed with no agreement. As from today the Aussie players are on strike, so no tours anywhere until an agreement is reached.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/40459293

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

June 30 2017, 7:47 PM 

I hope the dispute doesn't and hasn't already affected his form as a Yorkshire player.

As a relatively new International he may be just a helpless pawn in this stand-off between Cricket Australia and the millionaire IPL cricketers who seem to speak for the ACA.

Good chance the Bangladesh tour will be cancelled as both sides continue to act tough.

Gut feeling they will find a way before the Ashes series becomes threatened.

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

June 30 2017, 8:18 PM 

What is the meaning behind using the phrase "millionaire cricketers of the IPL" in your post?

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

June 30 2017, 9:20 PM 

I was referring to Steve Smith and David Warner who it would appear to me seem more vocal and militant than the president Greg Dyer. They can afford to be.

You may have a different view!

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

June 30 2017, 9:25 PM 

I suspect a compromise agreement will be in place before the Ashes. They can afford to avoid Bangladesh but imagine the furore and financial implications of the Ashes being cancelled, or even of Australia fielding a weak side.

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

June 30 2017, 9:33 PM 

That's their whole point. They're well paid, their female colleagues and state players aren't as as well reembursed, hence them sticking up for them as a collective, through the ACA, rather than dealing with CA direct, as CA wish!
All credit to them.

(Login KennyShovel)

June 30 2017, 10:34 PM 

Smith & Warner are backing the proposals made by the player's union even though they personally would earn more money under the model currently offered by Cricket Australia.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

June 30 2017, 11:02 PM 

Don't the players want to increase the share they get by including digital revenue which in turn will lead to a lot more money for them all!

I also understand they want their percentage share from revenue, rather than profits, leaving CA and grass roots cricket to pick up any losses, like those from the BBL, from the remaining share.

Whatever, money is at the heart of it and no cricket = no money so they will have to reach an agreement at some stage.

If the spin off is that Handscombe remains with us and he scores some runs of course it's a good thing.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

June 30 2017, 11:04 PM 

I have new found respect for Warner as a person due to the stand he is making here.

JG
(Login _JG_)

July 2 2017, 11:15 PM 

Warner in general seems to have matured a lot in the last year or two.

Australia A tour cancelled so we could have had Head after all: I hope he doesn't sign for another county and perform well for them!

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk