<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Championship | Yorkshire vs Surrey at Leeds (Day Three)

June 28 2017 at 2:17 AM

WRF  (Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

Specsavers County Championship Division One, Yorkshire v Surrey at Leeds, June 26-29, 2017

Surrey 516-7 dec. Yorkshire 27-1 (10.5 overs)
Yorkshire trail by 489 runs with 9 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

Scorecard
Headingley weather
""

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Alex
(Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

Re: Championship | Yorkshire vs Surrey at Leeds (Day Three)

June 28 2017, 2:25 AM 

962 runs given up by our beleaguered bowlers in the last two opposition innings (for 17 wickets.) That can't have happened too often in YCCC history.
""

Dave
(Login rognumber)

June 28 2017, 5:10 AM 

Doesn't look like any play will be possible today with forecast showing rain so hopefully the lads can use tomorrow for much needed batting practice ....

(Login ThirdUmpire)

June 28 2017, 7:14 AM 

I don't the colour of the ball is going to matter today but an ECB novelty experiment with a ball that floats might be an option.

Tom
(Login whiterosetom)

June 28 2017, 7:24 AM 

As said before, not much chance of play today. Best case scenario, it clears up by tomorrow and with no pressure Lees is 200* by the handshake.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

June 28 2017, 8:16 AM 

Looks like a day spent willing on the underdogs in the matches that do get play.

A full hand of draws with minimal batting bonus points to Essex and Maximum to us is the best we can hope for in the remainder of this round.

Roundhegian
(Login Roundhegian)

June 28 2017, 8:38 AM 

Assuming a full day's play tomorrow, 20 overs of joke bowling by Surrey, two innings forfeitures then a proper match?

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

June 28 2017, 9:02 AM 

Gary did not get much practice with batting against a pink ball and under lights. Another ECB master-plan gone wrong. Can only blame the weather this time though. They could, if they want Gary to get some practice with the pink ball, let him continue playing for us or play the Lions match with a pink ball. Are they flexible enough to do that??

After, on previous occasions, loaning England players out to other counties for match practice and bringing players in and out of county games. I am very surprised that Surrey were not told to let Yorkshire bat first and give Joe, Jonny & Gary 10 overs each of throw-downs so they could get used to the conditions!!!

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Jun 28, 2017 9:04 AM

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

June 28 2017, 10:46 AM 

According to James Whitaker's recent statement, it was more important to give Gary experience of captaining a team against an international side (or words to that effect - I quoted them on another thread). If there is a master-plan, it's a very odd one.

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

June 28 2017, 10:50 AM 

He did, however, get quite a lot of fielding experience. Batsmen always have a sight-screen, fieldsmen have to put up with various backgrounds, so perhaps that was more valuable anyway.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

June 28 2017, 11:09 AM 

Surrey have blokes from Sri Lanka South Africa Yorkshire and Northumberland so as international as most county sides these days

Brian
(Login NewBrian)

June 28 2017, 11:15 AM 

What about an experiment with one of those rubber super-bouncy balls with which I once broke a window at school, narrowly missing the nose of my female French teacher? Would go a long way over the boundary. Expect you could get luminous pink ones.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

June 28 2017, 11:29 AM 

Reminded me of rushing back to school after lunch to play football and shooting at goal which was a high wall. The ball and one of my shoes went over the wall. When I went around into next door College drive a vehicle passed me. Found ball, but not my shoe. Asking one of the students, he replied "there was a refuse lorry standing there a few minutes ago" so shoe must have gone in it!
My mother was not convinced about this story when I returned home with only one shoe! Sorry, nothing to do with today's topic!

WS55
(Login WibseySimon55)

June 28 2017, 11:50 AM 

Splendid game of Consequences here, involving Brian's French mistress, a bin man, and Alibor's lost shoe. Who can take the story forward?

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

June 28 2017, 11:57 AM 

I think a female French teacher could lead us into potentially dangerous and previously uncharted waters for the WRF...

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

June 28 2017, 12:09 PM 

Actually, I've just googled "female French teacher" and it's quite OK.
Don't know about "super-bouncy balls" though. Probably best not to add that.

This message has been edited by Dewsburian on Jun 28, 2017 12:13 PM

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

June 28 2017, 12:51 PM 

Who's the player from Northumberland.....?
My interest was stirred (but not my super bouncy balls..).

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

June 28 2017, 1:15 PM 

Stoneman?

(Login grantully)

June 28 2017, 1:22 PM 

Top lunch at carnegie cafe, stopped raining.

Fraisse10
(Login Fraisse10)

June 28 2017, 1:59 PM 

No play before tea. (Cricinfo). Which will be taken early at 3:30 (Guardian)

This message has been edited by Fraisse10 on Jun 28, 2017 2:01 PM

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk