<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Emerald Headingley Stadium

June 30 2017 at 7:11 AM
Guest  (Login ThirdUmpire)

https://yorkshireccc.com/news/view/5780/emerald-group-sponsorship-gives-green-light-to-stadium-redevelopment

So we will now play in green kit presumably, change all the seat colours to green and have an Irish player as our overseas star.

Shame they couldn't do this yesterday so the unhappy punters turning up for some cricket could have been there to see where our debt is going to be repaid from!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
garywilson
(Login garywilson2)

Re: Emerald Headingley Stadium

June 30 2017, 7:43 AM 

Draft guinness .

(Login ThirdUmpire)

June 30 2017, 8:19 AM 

I've googled emerald now and they have no connection with Ireland or a recruitment firm I know by the same name.

I'm slightly underwhelmed when you look at the sponsors of other major sporting stadia and therefore suspect the thorny subject of how much they have paid for the naming rights may not be obvious at this stage.

But on the plus side they are a local firm passionate about sport and with Yorkshire roots. Probably preferable if we have to go down this route instead of selling out to some Middle East airline company or a global producer of flat tasteless lager that we would then have to buy at £5 a pint in the ground to pay off the debt further.

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

June 30 2017, 8:25 AM 

Well i'm pleased that it's a truly Yorkshire business and it's not a bookmaker or a brewery or a dodgy foreign airline..

(Login dikaiopolis)

June 30 2017, 9:20 AM 

We are customers of Emerald at the university where I work (as are most universities), and in a previous job we ran an away-day for them and acted as a focus group; they seem an OK company.

I'm quite surprised that they have gone down this route, but they seem to be expanding quite aggressively at the moment.

I have an Emerald stress ball somewhere - might come in handy!

Now, can I wangle hospitality for the test match...

YorkTyke
(Login YorkTyke)

June 30 2017, 9:27 AM 

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

June 30 2017, 9:32 AM 

Not a household name, given their area of operation (academic publishing), but they are not a fly by night operation, so I think this is a very positive move

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

June 30 2017, 9:33 AM 

Not much meat on the bones.

What do the Emerald group do?

How much cash is it bringing in?

How long for?

All very vague.

Still Headingley as far as I am concerned, but what`s in a name. If it brings some cash in they can all it what they want.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

June 30 2017, 9:43 AM 

And at least we know who they are unlike the 'London based blue chip financial company' who are quoted as helping out previously with our debts.

Always a worry if they don't want to reveal their name. Why? Is the CEO a Lancastrian?

(Login dikaiopolis)

June 30 2017, 10:05 AM 

I'm sure Emerald have had hoardings at the ground before - didn't they have the adverts around the big screen/scoreboard a few years ago? So they must have had some sort of deal with the club in the past.

Maybe their CEO is a supporter? A member? A poster on this group?

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

June 30 2017, 10:50 AM 

Stu

No idea about the money side of things, but they are a publisher of academic journals and books. Their website is here:

http://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/

YorkTyke
(Login YorkTyke)

June 30 2017, 12:34 PM 

ThirdUmpire - all will be revealed when the contracts are signed next month.

(Login trinity20)

June 30 2017, 1:14 PM 

Maybe they were next to Emirates in the phone book?

On the subject of the "Blue Chip" company, I'm not surprised they are not being named until the deal is signed. This is fairly normal in these types of financial transactions.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

June 30 2017, 8:07 PM 

Doing a search there are several Emerald groups about, can't we get them all on board and get a bit more cash.

Could be cheeky and try get some from Emirates too as that's what people will think it is when it's mentioned on TV or radio.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk