<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Yorkshire v Somerset at Scarborough (Pre-martch Thread)

July 2 2017 at 1:36 PM
Seadog73  (Login Seadog73)

Tomorrow's 13 man squad has been named. Brooks has been left out so the selection dilemmas appear to be Kohler-Cadmore or Leaning and Patterson or Plunkett. If Sidebottom is fit I would expect Patterson to be left out.

This message has been edited by AlexRoberts on Jul 2, 2017 2:54 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
East Coast Type
(Login EastCoastType)

Re: Yorkshire v Somerset at Scarborough

July 2 2017, 1:57 PM 

Rain all day forecast for Tuesday. Looks like a three day game, plus a bit of added time on Wednesday for Tuesday's lost play.

Got to give K-C a go, IMO.

Tyke83
(Login Tyke83)

Re: Yorkshire v Somerset at Scarborough (Pre-martch Thread)

July 2 2017, 3:02 PM 

Looking forward to it. Our batting line-up need to fire. There are quite a few of the team that I haven't seen play in the flesh, so it will be nice to get real life impressions of them.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

July 2 2017, 3:39 PM 

The Somerset skipper leaves himself out.

From the Somerset OS

After struggling for form so far this season Somerset Club Captain Tom Abell will not be in the First Team squad for this match.

Lewis Gregory will captain the side.

Somerset will also be without Jamie Overton who returned to the Club this week from England Lions duty with an injury.

The full Somerset squad is as follows: Marcus Trescothick, Eddie Byrom, Tim Rouse, James Hildreth, Adam Hose, Steve Davies (wk), Jim Allenby, Lewis Gregory (c), Craig Overton, Josh Davey, Tim Groenewald, Jack Leach, Dom Bess.

Phil
(Login ExiledinNotts)

July 2 2017, 4:57 PM 

If this game is half as exciting as the game we watched in Taunton a couple of weeks ago then it'll be a classic. The tension on that last day was something I've never experienced at a county game. Tomorrows game will be my 50th anniversary of my first ever visit to Scarborough for the cricket. Tempus fugit.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

July 2 2017, 4:57 PM 

Walked to the ground this morning and it looks an absolute picture. Can't remember ever seeing it looks so, well green.

Wicket well over towards the Western side.

Scoreboard has had a makeover and it looks like wi-fi is available too.

Hope it's a great day, due to a very rash promise I'll be heading the wrong way down the A64 at 6.30 in the morning with no chance of getting back till after close of play.

Weather not looking good for Tuesday either unfortunately.

JH
(Login harg49)

July 2 2017, 6:03 PM 

The Somerset squad contains a number of youngsters who have developed through their academy and has no overseas professional. The batting line up includes Eddie Byrom a 20 year old who made his county championship debut in the last game against Hampshire when he opened the batting with Tresothick and batted for over two hours, presumably he will open again. It also includes Adam Hose who has also made his county championship debut this season and played against us at Taunton scoring runs in the 2nd innings. Another new name is Tim Rouse a right hand bat who was born in Sheffield. Most of the bowlers are familiar to us but the tall off break bowler Dominic Bess was very impressive against us at Taunton but I'm not sure if he has yet played a game away from that venue. Very good to see Somerset backing homegrown talent.

marsker
(Login marskeman)

July 2 2017, 7:37 PM 

i am just about to leave for Corfu so will miss a Scarborough match for the second year running. that is 2 seasons the ecb have contrived to arrange the highlight of my cricket year to coincide with my wifes immovable holiday. even worse this year i thought i was safe because i was told july was given over to t20 which i could,nt care less about. never mind i will be glued to my kindle for ball by ball coverage.

Kevin Owens
(Login kevinowens)

Yorkshire v Somerset at Scarborough

July 2 2017, 8:01 PM 

Can't you go in August?

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

July 2 2017, 9:58 PM 

All is not lost Marsker, lovely ground in the centre of Corfu town for you to sit and pretend you're in Scarborough.

Take your bat you might even get a game.

http://www.cricketcorfu.com/home.html

Gavin Gray
(Login yorkie1863)

July 3 2017, 12:15 AM 

Hi am settled in my hotel ready for the match. I will be watching the cricket and my partner will be wandering round Scarborough. Hope she doesn't spend to much.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

July 3 2017, 7:49 AM 

Wish I was there but looking forward to next time against Essex. I would play Leaning at 5 at Scarborough and drop Lees with Brook to open with K-C. I would not play Plunkett as well as Bresnan as they are both hit the pitch bowlers. For me Siddy, Coad and Patterson get movement which is best for Scarborough. We need to win this match if we are going to stay amongst leaders.

garywilson
(Login garywilson2)

July 3 2017, 8:21 AM 

Plunkett must play at Scarborough . The way he bowled against Durham 2 years ago was frighteningly quick .

davedee
(Login davydav)

July 3 2017, 8:30 AM 

have a good holiday Marsker (Joe) me and ken will stand in for you in your absence, I to have an imovable wife (not that I would want to move her) , but she does give me a fiver now and then ,and packs me off to the cricket

(Login ThirdUmpire)

July 3 2017, 9:59 AM 

Agree re plunkett. We need wickets not just economy

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk