<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
pauld
(Login pdowgill)

Re: County Championship | Yorkshire vs Somerset at Scarborough (Day Three)

July 5 2017, 7:54 PM 

Has batting got easier today or is it just the bowling lacks penetration?

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

July 5 2017, 8:23 PM 

The expected rain tomorrow and bad light today should ensure we get the draw, as the win is completely out of the equation.

Could not believe that the crowd was baying at the umps for taking them off for bad light, unless they were Somerset supporters.

I fail to see even a smidgeon of any benefit for us to stop on. Two bowlers light, two others knackered by having to over bowl to compensate, and Somerset hitting us all over the park looking for a declaration. Why on earth would we have wanted to stop on!! Do our supporters actually want us to lose!!

Very clever of us to pretend we did not see the ball when the last 4 was hit, as the umps then went off immediately afterwards for bad light.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

July 5 2017, 8:46 PM 

Deja vu all over again watching Adil turn down a couple of singles and then throw his wicket, and his half century, away to a sucker punch.

Well played to the supporters who sat and endured a truly lousy east coast day.

I went home for lunch and the wife was watching Wimbledon, which looked to be in a different country.

I think they desperately need to try for a win so will be interesting to see what they do in the morning.

I just hope the weather cheers up and, it may be a long shot, but we have the sniff of a win come the last 20 overs.

A bit of sun might make batting easier and both teams might need to take a risk to gain some reward.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

July 5 2017, 9:08 PM 

Another "bad day at the office", the 9th in a row since we beat Somerset at Taunton.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

July 5 2017, 10:24 PM 

Have been in St Andrews since late morning to celebrate my wife's birthday so have missed following the events at Scarborough.
I am just glad that I did not travel down for this match and only hope that our performance and weather are better for Essex game. In my opinion, there needs to be some hard decisions made about our ineffective opening partnership and seam bowling choices. We are not going to win the CC this season so we should focus on giving young players more exposure in Championship games.

East Coast Type
(Login EastCoastType)

July 5 2017, 11:54 PM 

Agree Stu - grumbles about bad light from YCCC supporters (and they were YCCC supporters) were baffling. At past 5pm, having bowled 70 overs with three regular bowlers, when lost time suited us. Huh?

Agree Alibor about hard choices, but I don't share your sentiment about not being there. Glad i was there. Got to do the bad days to fully appreciate the good ones !

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

July 6 2017, 7:46 AM 

I can fully understand the grumbles about going off, it's always been the way at Scarborough. Most of the crowd there want Yorkshire to win, but they'd rather watch Yorkshire lose than watch no cricket at all. I for one admire that.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk