<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

Re: County Championship | Yorkshire vs Somerset at Scarborough (Day Four)

July 6 2017, 1:23 PM 

I thought Handscomb was a decent signing for Championship but poor for T20. Hopefully prove me wrong twice!

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

July 6 2017, 1:49 PM 

Selecting Gary Ballance again for test cricket was both risky and controversial but to bat him number 3 on returning is simply cruel. If he now has 4 failures and is then dropped, all of the confidence he has built up this season for us, will have been jeopardised.
What was the logic in batting him before Root who is natural early order batsman. Six down at Scarborough with no rain in sight.

(Login Harrogateyorkie)

July 6 2017, 1:52 PM 

The comments 're Handscomb are way over the top. The lad has played 15 times for oz, you don't do that if your no good. How many of his possible replacements (forgetting the England lads) would play 15times for Australia?

None.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

July 6 2017, 1:58 PM 

I'm not bothered about what he did for Australia in the past, I'm only bothered by what he does playing for us. How many of our squad would have scored more in this game?

garywilson
(Login garywilson2)

July 6 2017, 2:01 PM 

96/7 on a wicket where they were scoring at 7 an over . Shameful bating display . So many players going backwards instead of improving . Lees , Lyth , Leaning Bresnan with the bat . Brooks with the ball . Rashid's bowling average now closer to 35 . On par with that of Borthwick .

Make that 96/8 ..

This message has been edited by garywilson2 on Jul 6, 2017 2:24 PM

Sid
(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

July 6 2017, 2:04 PM 

This is awful. We look mentally shot to pieces. There was never any sense of how to approach the run chase. On day one someone posted that we were a rabble which I took exception to, today we've looked like a rabble, or perhaps more accurately clueless.

Plunket now playing shot a ball cricket.

Dave
(Login rognumber)

July 6 2017, 2:06 PM 

Terminal decline. Thrashing at Lords, thrashing here and only rain saved a humiliation against Surrey.
Relegation definitely a possibility I'm afraid to say

Fraisse10
(Login Fraisse10)

July 6 2017, 2:09 PM 

Shameful performance.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

July 6 2017, 2:25 PM 

Whatever happened to Yorkshire grit - we are a rabble and the coach must take responsibility. Seeing him kicking a football on the website picture summed him up for me - professional cricket teams should warm up with cricket related skills and exercises. Could you imagine what great Yorkshire captains of past would think about warm up exercises which are likely to cause injuries. We are heading for relegation and another season with no trophy in sight. Sadly we have many potentially good players but no team ethic. Appointing Gale was massive mistake and we need someone less associated with senior players and much more tactically aware. I know there are those on here who will disagree with my thoughts - just accept that I am bit old fashioned and very disappointed!

(Login ThirdUmpire)

July 6 2017, 2:26 PM 

I know v Middlesex last year we were obliged to chase the set target all the way as a draw suited Somerset who would win the title.

Have we agreed the same today to even the score and we told Somerset we'd chase the target and not play for the draw to even things up?

Jay
(Login overman8)

July 6 2017, 2:27 PM 

Feels like we walked out waving the white flag this morning. Extremely poor effort, sad to see but we can't argue that this hasn't been coming. As one poster mentioned on another thread, the issues were there in 2015 and have not been proactive enough in addressing the problems.

(Login Harrogateyorkie)

July 6 2017, 2:27 PM 

Handscombe has proved he can score runs at a higher level than what he is currently playing. None of his potential replacements, have scored heavily at this level, if at all.

From is temporary.......

garywilson
(Login garywilson2)

July 6 2017, 2:29 PM 

The batting is just very poor at the moment ....... and they warmed up playing football in the great days of JG so please do not blame Gale for that .

This message has been edited by garywilson2 on Jul 6, 2017 2:30 PM

eastriding
(Login eastriding)

July 6 2017, 2:31 PM 

less than 200 to get now, run rate looks good :p

Sigh

PaulYorks
(Login PaulYorks2)

July 6 2017, 2:34 PM 

All teams nowadays warm up playing football. Football is not the problem here.

Tyke83
(Login Tyke83)

July 6 2017, 2:43 PM 

Suitable end to the game. I know that we are falling from the mountain top, but we don't need to throw ourselves down.

Dave
(Login rognumber)

July 6 2017, 2:44 PM 

Well thank goodness we have a few weeks break . Hopefully they can work out how they can save their season in last 5 games remaining

bmallinder
(Login Kettledrum)

ah, but

July 6 2017, 2:50 PM 

Who to blame.......the picked or the pickers?

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

July 6 2017, 2:55 PM 

The real stuff starts tomorrow.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

July 6 2017, 3:14 PM 

With respect Paul, all cricket teams do not play football to warm up before play. I have never seen several international teams doing this. When I was coaching youngsters, footballs were banned on cricket pitch as we focused on developing cricket skills. There is no doubt that sliding and turning, not to mention tackling, on an early morning outfield must risk unnecessary injuries. However, everyone is entitled their opinion and this aspect of pre match warming up is not an issue in our team's current demise.

< Previous Page 12 3 4 5 6 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk