<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Chesterfield tomorrow - Sold out?

July 7 2017 at 10:12 AM
Keith  (Login ggwwbb)

Hi

Was going to go down to Chesterfield tomorrow for the T20 game but have just seen it's sold out which has caught us out somewhat.

Last time we went down to Chesterfield we paid the entry fee to a nice old gentleman sat on the edge of Queen's Park with a wooden money box and then walked down to the ground so we naively thought it would be the same again.

Do you think people will be selling tickets outside like what happens at Headingley when it's a sell out?

thanks in advance

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

Re: Chesterfield tomorrow - Sold out?

July 7 2017, 10:19 AM 

Is this true.....?
Never crossed my mind to book in advance to be honest.
I was just going to pay at the gate.

Just checked now -http://cricket.derbyshireccc.com/yorkshire-vikings-derby-chesterfield-sold/

Bollocks.

This message has been edited by stevecowton on Jul 7, 2017 10:21 AM

(Login ggwwbb)

July 7 2017, 10:25 AM 

yes rather annoying

tempted to risk it

(Login ExiledinNotts)

July 7 2017, 3:42 PM 

Thanks for posting this we've just had 4 days at Scarbados, are currently at Headingley Lodge & we're going to travel to Chesterfield tomorrow on the way home. Anyway this has saved us a journey.

spanishnick
(Login Spanishnick)

July 7 2017, 4:10 PM 

sorry for being smug but i bought tickets weeks ago as this fixture has sold out in three of the last 4 seasons. Hope we get more than the one over we got last year.Plenty of room tonight at headingley though for what should be a good indication of how we might get on in t20 this year- which is anybody's guess..

(Login dpressed)

July 7 2017, 6:31 PM 

One mate got in last year by buying a ticket from a tout, but I wouldn't rely on it

(Login alwayswalk)

July 7 2017, 7:04 PM 

hello everyone, been a lurker for a good while but have signed up now.

Not sure if I am allowed to post this but I might have 2 spare tickets tomorrow if anyone is interested, I won't know until 8am tomorrow though.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

July 7 2017, 8:00 PM 

A couple of seasons ago when I went to collect my tickets at the ground somebody did buy a couple of tickets which had been returned. I got there very early though.

It was just a bench inside the park so if there are any returns you will need cash.

If there's money to be made somebody will be making it so will be a tout or two around.

Quite often too you can find some proper fans who bought for a group and someone didn't turn up.

If not you can sit in the park and listen to what's going on.

Keith
(Login ggwwbb)

July 8 2017, 8:28 AM 

Could be interested if any spares?

3 if possible

This message has been edited by ggwwbb on Jul 8, 2017 8:38 AM

(Login alwayswalk)

July 8 2017, 10:55 AM 

Bit later than I thought but we have 2 spare tickets

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

July 8 2017, 12:16 PM 

I hope you find someone who wants them - I'm afraid i've ended up having to come to work anyway...

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk