<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Are the players destroying their own legacy?

July 7 2017 at 4:18 PM
LUTyke  (Login Y4EV)

How will we remember this group in 10 years time? 2 time Championship winners or the group that took us back into the abyss without Gillespie?

This message has been edited by Y4EV on Jul 7, 2017 4:19 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

Re: Are the players destroying their own legacy?

July 7 2017, 4:22 PM 

Reel em in..

Tyke83
(Login Tyke83)

July 7 2017, 4:24 PM 

They will be remembered as our first two times champions in the best part of 40 years.

East Coast Type
(Login EastCoastType)

July 7 2017, 4:48 PM 

Non-question for me. Players who played some great cricket for about 4 years and were the most successful since the 1960s.

In any case, the causality is wrong regarding Dizzy. He left (at least in part) because he could see where things were heading and knew (because of call-ups, existing player contracts and club indebtedness) that he would be largely powerless to do anything about it.

This message has been edited by EastCoastType on Jul 7, 2017 5:39 PM

(Login ThirdUmpire)

July 7 2017, 4:54 PM 

He left for family reasons. But then so did Rudolph and he came back to Surrey just as quick as Dizzy went to Kent!

Remit 1
(Login remit1)

PERHAPS...

July 7 2017, 5:25 PM 

In my experience the big decisions - such as whether to leave a job in which I’ve been highly successful - are never made on the basis of a single, solitary cause: there is always a multiplicity of factors that are pondered upon before the step is taken or rejected.

It’s not impossible that the early twenty-first century will be remembered as the time when the Club - by which I mean the members - learned the hard way how vitally important wise and insightful management are at every level - in the handling of players, the stewardship of resources, the dealings with outside bodies, etc

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

July 7 2017, 5:35 PM 

We don't know what will happen over the next ten years, but if we were asking the question now about the last 10 years, then surely we would be focusing on the two championship wins and recovering from division two to achieve that?

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk