<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Women- England Vs NZ

July 10 2017 at 5:25 PM
Gavin Gray  (Login yorkie1863)

Englands next match is on Wednesday. Should be a good match.
Commentary to start at 10.15am.

This message has been edited by yorkie1863 on Jul 11, 2017 5:42 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Pyrahtechnics
(Login Pyrahtechnics)

Re: Women- England Vs NZ

July 10 2017, 11:08 PM 

Should be a good encounter, the White Ferns like to play an aggressive brand of cricket and are well skilled in all facets of the game.

Looking forward to seeing Sophie Devine play in the Super League for Yorkshire Diamonds.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

July 11 2017, 7:43 AM 

I think interest levels may be raised if some games were in Yorkshire. Have there been any? Any to come?

(Login matthefish2002)

July 11 2017, 8:48 AM 

No matches in Yorkshire sadly.
The group stages are at Derby, Leicester, Taunton and Bristol.
Semis at Derby and Bristol.
The Final at Lords which last time I read had sold 16,000 before the start of the tournament. Not sure of the prices but still not bad going.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

July 11 2017, 9:17 AM 

And sadly there lies half the problem as to why interest levels on here are low. Limited to four grounds may Make some sense to some but not sure it helps spread awareness and interest

(Login whiterosetom)

July 11 2017, 9:42 AM 

Derby, Leicester, Taunton and Bristol seems a strange choice. Is it to cut down on the travelling? I could forgive them missing Yorkshire if the ground choices were a little bit more spread. Perhaps Derby, Taunton, London and anywhere in the north.

Gavin Gray
(Login yorkie1863)

July 11 2017, 3:33 PM 

Good point. They could have had at least spread the world cup round the country and highlight the women's game. Just goes to show how little the powers that be think about it.

Gavin Gray
(Login yorkie1863)

July 11 2017, 5:28 PM 

I hope it's the same England squad that beat the Aussies. It should be oh and for those who don't know Mark Robinson is their coach.

Gavin Gray
(Login yorkie1863)

July 12 2017, 12:30 AM 

Sophie devine hit 9 sixes out of her innings of 93 against Pakistan. So England need her out cheaply.

Got a feeling this is going to be one hell of a match. As long as the weather stays nice

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

July 12 2017, 7:05 AM 

Good TV coverage on Sky, and the smaller venues chosen have looked well populated with crowds of a thousand or two.

I enjoy women's cricket (better than IPL, anyway) but today I'm off to York for 2nd XI game v Northants, and also Yorks U19s v New South Wales at St Peter's School, just down the road. Whether I would actually travel to watch a women's game, not sure...

(Login matthefish2002)

July 12 2017, 8:54 AM 

Think they have missed a trick here by not having the game as a day / nighter so more people can watch it in the evening on TV.
I agree that I would rather watch a women's game then Big Bash or IPL.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk