<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Sky Sports.....

July 11 2017 at 9:41 AM
Stu  (Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

......have announced a new line up. 10 channels from a week today with 1 specifically for Cricket, and, the good news, this channel can be paid for seperately without the others. The cricket fans just need to subscribe to the one channel instead of all 10, so it should cost considerably less.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Martin
(Login Martinh00)

Re: Sky Sports.....

July 11 2017, 9:44 AM 

This must be to pre-empt people going to BT for Ashes cricket, or to make it more worthwhile for people to stick with sky.

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

July 11 2017, 10:18 AM 

The home Ashes aren't going to BT, just tests in Australia. Given their punditry line up seems to consist of Vaughan, Pietersen and Swann I don't think I'll be subscribing to it however.

Sky Sports Cricket for just £18 a month is a price worth paying for me.

Tom
(Login whiterosetom)

July 11 2017, 3:04 PM 

If they now have 24 hour dedicted coverage of cricket surely it makes sense to cover more than one or two championship matches a season. I assume the time between internationals will now be used for "cricketing greats" documentaries repeated endlessly.

Any increased coverage of cricket is good I suppose, but in the long term sports subscription channels only get more and more expensive and icreasingly seperate those who can afford to watch sport from those who can't.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

July 11 2017, 4:52 PM 

Appreciate it's only the away Ashes tours that have gone to BT but won't this be the first England Tour for years that isn't covered in Sky. They must be worried about losing customers

Gavin Gray
(Login yorkie1863)

July 11 2017, 5:32 PM 

Well I hope they show a lot of county championship. We need more TV coverage of proper cricket.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

July 11 2017, 5:55 PM 

I presume you will still have to pay for the basic sky package as well so I can't see it costing much less than it does now.

Gavin Gray
(Login yorkie1863)

July 12 2017, 5:38 PM 

In-between live cricket sky could do a deal with the BBC to show old highlights. We could see the highlights of Sir Geoff's hundredth hundred or headingley '81, etc.
What would you love to see?

(Login ThirdUmpire)

July 12 2017, 6:25 PM 

1987 B&H final.

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

July 12 2017, 7:45 PM 

I still have the full match on video, spread over 3 or 4 tapes.A job for the in laws while we were at the game happy.gif

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

July 12 2017, 7:50 PM 

But do you still have a video player to watch it on??

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Jul 12, 2017 7:51 PM

Gavin Gray
(Login yorkie1863)

July 12 2017, 9:19 PM 

That is the problem. I have a few VHS tapes with matches on but no VHS player to watch them on. I have the 2001county championship roses match. The old Trafford one plus some Sunday league.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

July 12 2017, 9:32 PM 

There are places that transfer VHS to DVD. Google should find one in your area.

I had the 2001 Championship transferred over a few years ago. I think it was about a tenner.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk