<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

2s v Northamptonshire at York

July 12 2017 at 1:28 PM
Sid  (Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

At clifton Park today for day 2,although with the washout yesterday it's effectively day 1.

Yorks 176-1 at lunch. Lees out in the final over for 97. Lbw and it looked a
howler of a decision. Tattersal 59*.

Lovely day and a decent crowd in.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
(Login ThirdUmpire)

Re: 2s v Northamptonshire at York

July 12 2017, 1:43 PM 

Did Lees follow Coco Vanderweghe lead and walk up to the umpire and tell him it was baloney and ask if he'd played the game before?!

Sid
(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

July 12 2017, 4:17 PM 

Tea at the seconds. 341-5. Tattersal out for a very good 109, something of Adam lyth about him today. Rhodes made an easy 46,callis 23 and Thompson 8. Hodd currently 17*.

I didn't win the raffle. Now time for a lap of the outfield.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

July 12 2017, 4:44 PM 

Thanks for the reports, Sid.

What now, a double declaration and a run chase for Northants tomorrow?

(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

July 12 2017, 9:48 PM 

Yorks declared as soon as we passed 400 which coincided with Hodd getting his 50.

I left with Northants 57-1 with 'the one and only' starting to get going. Fisher had the wicket to fall, a sharp 1st slip catch by Lees.

A very enjoyable day with many good players on show, although the performances and the statistics show the gap between 1st and 2nd team cricket, scoring runs was so easy for Lees and Hodd. Tatts batted well, as i say above, there's something Lyth like about him minus the big cover drive.

Hard to know how the game will go. Agreeing a run chase will be difficult, bat dominating ball.

Although the attendance was decent why are second team 'gates' so low when compared to the 1st? Lees, Brooks, Fisher and Hodd playing plus one time England under 19 stars Rhodes, Carver, Tattersal well worth the effort. Its free and the facilities at Clifton Park are very good although take a deck chair.

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

July 13 2017, 10:44 AM 

I was also there Wednesday; I got off to a late start today, so won't make it.

Enjoyed Tattersall's innings, though I can't see anything of Lyth in him! Trying to work out whether he would be able to make the step up....well, he moves nicely into line defensively, and can time the ball sweetly. Less convincing were his hooking and his play against spinners, of which Northants had three. Having batted fluently, keeping pace with Lees for the first 50, he got slower and slower. The ease with which Rhodes was playing at the time emphasised his struggles.

As for Lees, he played some characteristically powerful strokes - majestic, even - but overall he still looked horribly out of nick. I was at lunch (The Wetherby Whaler on the ring-road, excellent) when he was out, or not, as the case may be.

Some of the Northants bowling, and fielding, was distinctly village - though not all. They had Chessney Hughes to bat for them, and he was soon in as Lees took a really sharp slip catch off impressive Fisher. Brooks didn't look threatening at all, and neither did Wainman, but young Barnes was bowling with some pace when I left at about 6.15. Just the one wicket down for about 70, I think.

A lovely day in the pale sun.

Big Rich
(Login Newyorkie)

2s v Northants at York

July 13 2017, 10:56 AM 

Can anyone tell me who the umpires are for this match please?

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

July 13 2017, 4:27 PM 

Tea score --- Northants 190-5 chasing 361 to win after a couple of declarations. Minimum of 30 overs left, but they will bowl more.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

July 14 2017, 10:18 AM 

Almost a win, but their last pair hung on for 10.3 overs to get a draw.

https://yorkshireccc.com/news/view/5839/report-yorkshire-2nd-xi-v-northants-2nd-xi-day-three

(Login ThirdUmpire)

July 14 2017, 11:30 AM 

Brooks figures not great and I see on Twitter he is looking to pro for a club team for the next month suggesting he's not going to play much for Yorkshire

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

July 14 2017, 12:55 PM 

I watched the afternoon session yesterday, and Brooks did not impress. He looked the most unlikely of all the bowlers on show to be able to get a wicket.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk