July 13 2017 at 8:16 AM

Dpressed  (Login dpressed)

This message has been edited by dpressed on Jul 13, 2017 8:16 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
(Login ThirdUmpire)

Re: Dizzy

July 13 2017, 9:16 AM 

Well he needs paying by somebody and the Aussie player pay dispute and tour cancellations impact on him too.

He is level headed enoug to get experience in a variety of places to strengthen his case as Boofs long term successor and he won't be short of offers.

Shame we didn't offer him chance to return this summer...

ed the fed
(Login edthefed)

Dizzy

July 13 2017, 9:36 AM 

I think we are going to regret not doing everything humanely possible to have kept Dizzy as long as possible, even if that meant allowing him 6 months of the year with his family down under.

Kent were able to entice him back to the UK

It might have cost a bit BUT i have always believed in "dont think about how much it will cost short term, think about how much it will save in the longer term"

The team has at best stagnated since he left, at worst gone backwards

ed the fed
(Login edthefed)

Dizzy

July 13 2017, 9:37 AM 

I think we are going to regret not doing everything humanely possible to have kept Dizzy as long as possible, even if that meant allowing him 6 months of the year with his family down under.

Kent were able to entice him back to the UK

It might have cost a bit BUT i have always believed in "dont think about how much it will cost short term, think about how much it will save in the longer term"

The team has at best stagnated since he left, at worst gone backwards

(Login sooty-yorkie1)

July 13 2017, 9:40 AM 

He probably wanted to leave for a fresh challenge, all coaches in a particular job have a shelf life. It was probably not possible to keep him for any longer.

Brian
(Login NewBrian)

July 13 2017, 10:32 AM 

No jokes from me about this appointment. Very, very tempting though.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

July 13 2017, 10:50 AM 

"I think we are going to regret not doing everything humanely possible to have kept Dizzy as long as possible, even if that meant allowing him 6 months of the year with his family down under"

That was in effect what we gave him when we allowed him to sign as coach for the Adelaide Strikers (I think he went home immediately after the end of the season and didn't return until well into the new year). I know that it was done for the best of reasons (and to improve his T20 coaching skills which would benefit the club, but I wonder if this turned out to be a negative - being away for some of the pre-season period.

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

July 13 2017, 11:12 AM 

I agree with the 'shelf-life' theory. He had given all he had to give to Yorkshire, left us in much better shape than when he arrived, time to move on.

He could, of course, return one day and use his magic on a new generation of Yorkshire players - if he wanted to. Exceptional man.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk