<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Michael Lumb forced to retire immediately

July 19 2017 at 6:52 PM
me4791  (Login Me4791)

Ex Yorkshire batsman to retire with immediate effect with ankle injury.

https://www.trentbridge.co.uk/news/2017/july/batsman-lumb-to-retire.html

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
(Login ThirdUmpire)

Re: Michael Lumb forced to retire immediately

July 19 2017, 7:03 PM 

Shame. Although I can't help feel he was a bit of a cricket mercenary chasing the bigger bucks and his comment about his happiest days at Notts might not go down well here!

Sidebottom first then Lumb ... let's hope it's not Bairstow next or I'll have seen two generations come and go from three cricketing families!

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

Re: Michael Lumb forced to retire immediately

July 19 2017, 7:09 PM 

Sad news. At least he was nearer to the end of his career than the beginning. Can't blame him for feeling his happiest days were at Notts, he had a fair bit of success there.

me4791
(Login Me4791)

Lumb

July 19 2017, 7:12 PM 

The opening pair from from the World T20 winning side now retired through injury. At least Lumb was 37, an age when a lot have retired anyway. Craig Kieswetter was just 27 when he had to retire in 2015.

This message has been edited by Me4791 on Jul 19, 2017 7:21 PM

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Sad news

July 19 2017, 9:09 PM 

37 may seem old for a cricketer but it's no age really.

Best wishes to him and I hope the ankle doesn't pain or restrict his normal movement outside of cricket.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk