<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

2nds at Worcester

July 24 2017 at 8:27 PM
sid  (Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

We've played Worcester in a 2nds double header T20 today. I understand we recovered from 28-8 to win the first game, although I don't have any further info and I don't know anything about the second game. Anyone with better investigative skills than me able to help out?

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
(Login KennyShovel)

Re: 2nds at Worcester

July 24 2017, 8:59 PM 

sid
(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

July 24 2017, 9:11 PM 

Kenny: Many thanks. I reckon to have checked TCS, its a site I never seem to be able to use correctly.

Interesting that Lees, Brooks and Hodd only played in one game. I've not seen a table but our 2nds T20 results have been decent, I'd assume we still have a chance to qualify and fielding the strongest available team would have been the policy.

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

July 24 2017, 9:15 PM 

Yes Karl Carver!

JollyD
(Login JollyD)

2nds at Worcester

July 24 2017, 11:18 PM 

I see the Worcestershire side includes left arm spinner, Ben Twohig. Ben was yet another product of the Yorkshire Schools system, enticed away at 13 by the lure of a scholarship at Malvern College. There can be no doubt that he has made excellent progress at New Road under the tutelage of Kevin Sharp. He is among those selected for the England under 19 squad.
Nevertheless, the giveaway is his place of birth - Dewsbury. Dewsburian, have you seen him play ?

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

Twohig

July 25 2017, 8:49 AM 

I've seen Twohig a few times, but I've not seen him bowl a sustained spell yet. A friend of mine, who gets to more Birmingham League cricket than I do (or probably ever will), says he's seen him bowl well for Wolverhampton.
I can't get to Worcester today to see the seconds, but I'm hoping to be there tomorrow.

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

July 25 2017, 9:24 AM 

Twohig?
If ever a name resembled an anagram...

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

July 25 2017, 9:42 AM 

It's an Irish name that's often anglicized as Toohey, Toohy, Touhy, O'Touhy etc.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

July 25 2017, 11:49 AM 

On the back of the A Dolphin thread leading to players with a fishy name perhaps today's challenge in recognition of Twohig is to identify players with a number in their name.

Martin Speight would be one. Ryan ten Doeschate another.

Wonder who can find the highest?

twenty2guns
(Login twenty2guns)

2nds at Worcester

July 25 2017, 12:22 PM 

Does anyone know of any reason Ryan Gibson didn't get a game yesterday?

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

July 25 2017, 12:42 PM 

Sachin Tendulkar...

sid
(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

July 25 2017, 1:41 PM 

Ryan Gibson - disciplinary reasons.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

July 25 2017, 3:55 PM 

Strong bowling attack for us today!!

From the OS

Plunkett continues his recovery with a three-day game in the Second XI, along with Brooks, Coad & Sidebottom.

PaulYorks
(Login PaulYorks2)

July 25 2017, 4:16 PM 

Roger Twose is the obvious one.
Gareth Rees (ex-Glamorgan I think).

JollyD
(Login JollyD)

2nds at Worcester

July 25 2017, 4:37 PM 

Didn't Scotland have a Matthew Twentyman ?

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

July 25 2017, 4:56 PM 

Stoneman..

dobbers
(Login dobbers)

Scorecard from TCS

July 26 2017, 11:27 AM 

Here is the link to the scorecard for the 2nds 3 day game on TCS:

http://www.totalcricketscorer.com/TCSLive/tcsscorecard.aspx?id=61559

Status is: (Rain) No play before lunch on day 2 - rain Yorkshire 2nd XI 2 for 0 (3.0 overs)
Worcester posted 283 all out in 96.4 overs yesterday

dobbers

marsker
(Login marskeman)

July 26 2017, 12:04 PM 

Hodd playing but not keeping wicket, B D Birkhead keeping.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

July 26 2017, 1:32 PM 

Almost reminds me of the old one liner that the only head bigger than Tony Greigs was Birkenhead....

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

July 28 2017, 11:12 AM 

Day 3 of this match was probably the most enjoyable I've spent at a cricket match this year, though Yorkshire fell agonizingly short in the run chase and had to settle for a frustrating draw (260 for 7 chasing 264, which would almost certainly have been achieved without the loss of 16 overs in a mid-afternoon burst of rain). An outstanding innings by Alex Lees (135 from 110 balls) and a strong leadership performance from him throughout.
I'll try to post a more detailed report at some point.
Ben Twohig, who bowled well, is known as Twiggy, by the way. I suppose it was obvious.
And Ryan says he'll definitely be fit for Scarborough, though, despite my best efforts, I wasn't able to persuade him to come back for another season after this one!

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk