<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
(Login stevebluejay)

Re: T20 Blast | Yorkshire vs Durham at Leeds (Match Thread)

July 26 2017, 8:55 PM 

Allott wants him there in the test team as it would help his Lancy boys in all the games Adil would miss.

Baffles me though as to why he is overlooked, especially by Dawson, you'd have though Root would have some influence as he did with Ballance. Glad he is out of favour though, makes us so much better especially in this format.

This message has been edited by stevebluejay on Jul 26, 2017 8:56 PM

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

July 26 2017, 8:59 PM 

Will someone please stuff something in Flintoffs big mouth - his boring ramblings are spoiling the game - I have swished off sound.

(Login WhiteroseDave)

July 26 2017, 9:03 PM 

The Yorkshire Twitter feed says over 9000 there tonight, excellent stuff considering 3 home games in a week

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

July 26 2017, 9:07 PM 

Fans keep turning out for the format. Can't beat it.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

July 26 2017, 9:10 PM 

Thank goodness that Durham are so crap. Any other side would have got that.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

July 26 2017, 9:14 PM 

Crikey. Even when we win convincingly with a great bowling performance we are not happy!

A win on sky v local rivals in a good game where we played well in my view. Willey and Marsh batting made to look better when you see how hard it was to bat on that track plus some great catches and bowling and a top stumping.

What more do you want?!

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

July 26 2017, 9:20 PM 

Durham's innings certainly put ours into perspective - not an easy pitch. We've got real momentum now.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

July 26 2017, 9:21 PM 

Sorry guys, it was not a criticism. It was a brilliant performance, but better sides would have given us a much closer game.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Jul 26, 2017 9:34 PM

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Both teams have to bat

July 26 2017, 9:33 PM 

I must admit I didn't think we had scored enough but once Durham started batting it became apparent how hard it was to score on that pitch.

Effect of the covers being on all day I suppose. Very slow outfield too restricted the run scoring.

Only 44 from Willey this time but I think his knock was crucial alongside Rashid's bowling.

Totally professional performance by Yorkshire in all departments with everybody knowing their role and sticking to it.

9000+ crowd on a Wednesday night with a decent sized beer snake and plenty of kids, can't be bad.

Being top of the league doesn't flatter Yorkshire, they look like they belong there.

Twelfth Man
(Login twelthman)

July 26 2017, 9:38 PM 

Another encouraging display, ignoring the batting and the standard of opposition for a moment. I still have reservations about our prospects when we are asked to chase (would anyone have been confident of us chasing 150 ourselves?) which need addressing before I start to think we can go all the way, but that's for another day.

Alex
(Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

For what it's worth

July 26 2017, 9:42 PM 

In the inimitable words of Buffalo Springfield: "There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear."

Is Yorkshire becoming a force in limited overs cricket?

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

July 26 2017, 10:17 PM 

How on earth could the England selectors replace Rashid with Dawson in any form of cricket - they do not have a clue.

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

July 26 2017, 10:43 PM 

And let's all be thankful for that Alibor- although it does beggar belief.

Gavin Gray
(Login yorkie1863)

July 27 2017, 12:13 AM 

Being at work I only caught the last few overs of Durhams innings. Sounded like a real good nail biting match.

marsker
(Login marskeman)

July 27 2017, 12:25 AM 

apparently, if we qualify for a home match in the knockout stage, we have to forfeit home advantage because it clashes with the headingley test.

WS55
(Login WibseySimon55)

July 27 2017, 1:41 AM 

Well said, Third Ump. Two maidens from Bressie, a gorgeous (legspin, not cricinfo's googly) ball from Rash, then another (this one a googly) with a great stumping by Handscomb (who picked it, when the batsman didn't), and excellent outfield catching -- Fisher dived like a schoolboy for his, Lyth concentrated like an old pro for his steepler, and took it into his chest. Lovely to watch. Some sharp fielding too, on a still slippery outfield. Good performance all round.

Got there late, so only saw the Durham innings. Heart sank a bit when I saw the Yorks score -- 152 seemed eminently gettable -- and sank further when Willey's first over went for 10, including two wides and a poor misfield (Fisher) that went for four. But after three overs we were clearly on top of them, after five well in the lead. Then we just pulled further and further ahead. Amazingly, Gavin, it wasn't even a nail-biter!

It is good to see Yorkshire win. And the crowd was good too -- 9000 with lots of kids.

Loiner
(Login TheLoiner)

July 27 2017, 2:36 AM 

Would be a big blow if we lost home advantage, we have a great record at Headingley. The dates for QF are 22-25 August with the test starting on 25th

Surely we could play on the first night and still have time to get things ready for test?

Twelfth Man
(Login twelthman)

July 27 2017, 6:57 AM 

That would just be typical wouldn't it? Could we not play at Scarborough as we did a few years ago for a one day knockout match, for the same reason as I recall. The answer is probably no as bloody Sky can't show it.

This message has been edited by twelthman on Jul 27, 2017 7:14 AM

(Login ThirdUmpire)

July 27 2017, 8:18 AM 

I don't think you can play a game on 22nd with test starting three days later.

There is more to getting a ground ready than you realise. It's not just the cut strip but the line markings, boundary markers, advertising boards, practice facilities, food vans etc

Another poor example of ecb scheduling and irrespective of Sky we should be allowed to play at scarbados in late August as a sell out would be guaranteed.

Sort of sums up our t20 approach where we don't expect to qualify so don't worry about the knock out schedules!

(Login ElTwis)

July 27 2017, 8:39 AM 

A t20 qf at Scarborough, now that would be a hell of a thing! Surely we could do that though, if we have home advantage it cant be dictated to us which home ground we use?

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk