<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

QF Away tie

July 28 2017 at 2:00 PM
Stu  (Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

It seems that MM has accepted the situation.

From todays Press

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/cricket/yorkshire/15437610.Yorkshire_prepared_for_an_away_T20_Blast_quarter_final_clash/?ref=mac

No fight, no mention of Scarborough, just blind acceptance of the situation

from the article

"....We can’t do anything about it,” said Moxon, Yorkshire’s director of cricket.

“I guess this kind of thing could only happen in England with the fixture list as it is.

“If we get to that stage and earn the right to have a quarter-final, to not be able to have one because of the fixture - well, as I say, it could only happen on an English fixture list......”

YES YOU CAN MARTYN, GROW SOME AND PUT UP A FIGHT. Insist on playing it at Scarborough, or play it on the 19th or 20th at Headingley.

So we miss out on the gate receipts, the SKY televised fee and the advantage of having a home tie, just because the ECB cock up the fixture scheduling yet again.

Yet right in the middle of a so called "blocked" competition we have a round of CC matches. Without that and a tighter schedule they could have found a blank week and scheduled the quarter-finals of the T20 comp in between two tests (like last week) and avoided the problem. The ECB are clueless, and could not organise a **** up in a brewery.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Jul 28, 2017 7:01 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

Re: QF Away tie

July 28 2017, 2:12 PM 

Absolutely ridiculous isn't it?
Also pretty embarrassing if we just take this lying down.

(Login sooty-yorkie1)

July 28 2017, 2:15 PM 

Are all the qf not on tv? I wonder if it matters that Scarborough is a separate entity?

(Login Sideass)

July 28 2017, 2:48 PM 

What's the issue with Scarborough. Floodlights or lack thereof?

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

July 28 2017, 3:07 PM 

The problem is, Sky can not get their lorries down the narrow exit roads.

That is their problem not ours!! Can not see any reason why Scarborough can not host the match, but it would have to be a 2.30 start.

No games scheduled for anyone on Sunday the 20th. Headingley on that date looks a good bet. Would be a good weekend crowd, probably more than if played during the following week. Sky could televise it then and leave the cameras there for the test match.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Jul 28, 2017 3:09 PM

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

July 28 2017, 3:13 PM 

Sky are covering the test match on Sunday 20th. No way would they have both games at once live on TV.

twenty2guns
(Login twenty2guns)

QF Away tie

July 28 2017, 3:30 PM 

Surely, if we do qualify for a home quarter final rather than just give up home advantage to what should be the away team, we should have the option of using a neutral venue. We would then have some sort of advantage of having played a T20 game at the ground this year, and the away team won't have played there this year. I'm sure Durham would welcome a bit of extra revenue. I think I'm safe in assuming they won't be qualifying.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

July 28 2017, 3:42 PM 

EYT --- The answer to that then is not to televise it, but they do have 10 Sports Channels now, so surely possible to do both matches just as a one-off. They managed it yesterday when the test was running late and the T20 match had started on another channel.

July 28 2017, 3:42 PM 

I would've thought that any neutral venue would lose money hosting Yorkshire v Whoever. If it's live on TV I couldn't see that many travelling.

July 28 2017, 3:45 PM 

Sky have paid money to the ECB to televise this game, their advertising revenue would also be severely hit should both games clash. I'm not sure Sky or the ECB would take too kindly to losing out of revenue.

(Login sooty-yorkie1)

July 28 2017, 4:26 PM 

I think that's the problem if sky have paid for the qf to be televised then they'll it seems reasonable to put it at a ground that they can use cameras at.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Scarborough access

July 28 2017, 4:49 PM 

Reaction does seem a bit wet all round by all parties.

Fair enough you can't get the Lorry's in the ground but you could park them up next to the wall on Trafalgar Rd and feed the electrics over.

Looking at the poor state of the wall these day it might even be cost effective to knock part of it down and build it up again later or put some gates on as a ground improvement.

Twelfth Man
(Login twelthman)

July 28 2017, 5:14 PM 

Could only happen in an ECB led competition , and dare I say it without sounding like I have a chip on my shoulder, it could only happen to us.

This message has been edited by twelthman on Jul 28, 2017 5:15 PM

Brian
(Login NewBrian)

July 28 2017, 5:48 PM 

Don't hold back, Stuart, say what you think...

(Login dpressed)

July 28 2017, 8:19 PM 

Why don't the ECB just go the whole hog a ban Yorkshire. It's becoming more & more obvious that the ECB will do anything to hold Yorkshire back.

And the club wonder why some of us don't pay to watch 'Team England'

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

July 28 2017, 8:46 PM 

Who exactly are "Team England"??

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

July 28 2017, 8:50 PM 

This is a first for the forum: a conspiracy theory surrounding an event we haven't actually qualified for yet. It's a cock up, nothing more, nothing less.

(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

July 28 2017, 8:55 PM 

Agree Seadog. The ECB have not got enough brains between them to organise, plan or conspire to do anything. A straight forward cock- up!!

I remain very disappointed with the blind acceptance of the situation by MM and the club, though.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Jul 28, 2017 8:59 PM

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

July 28 2017, 10:04 PM 

There's still time for a spurious points deduction from the ECB.

From their point of view that's the problem solved.

Papag
(Login Papag1)

July 29 2017, 9:06 AM 

The lack of protest again (even if its not really meant) from YCCC is the thing that really Galls me most, we are really a weak at the knees organisation and never stand up for its Members/fans wishes in these issues with the ECB. If we give up say home advantage to Lancashire and lose the game and revenue the forums and next years AGM should be fun.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk