<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
(Login WhiteroseDave)

Re: QF Away tie

July 29 2017, 9:12 AM 

Surely if home advantage DOES have to be given up then there should be something in place that gives a large amount of the day's profits to Yorkshire as compensation? On top of that I'd suggest coach travel being offered by the ECB (they may have to dip in to their "surplus" for this) for supporters who would have attended a home game but are now forced to travel away. I accept that YCCC may feel like they have no choice but to move the game but these are the sort of things at the very least they should be pushing for.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

July 29 2017, 10:09 AM 

Th ECB have made the cock-up, so IF we have to forfeit the home match, the very least the ECB should do is compensate the club financially for loss of gate receipts, the loss of the SKY tv fee, the transport and hotel costs for the all the players and support staff, and arrange free transport for any supporters who wish to travel. It will be down south somewhere so will not come cheap for the supporters.

We are 23M on the red, so why should the club lose out financially, if we have earned the right to host a home tie.

I hope that YCC insist on this financial package as a minimum, and if it is not forthcoming then fight tooth and nail to hold the tie at Scarborough. Put up a fight for a change, instead of just accepting all the **** thrown at us by the ECB cock-ups

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Jul 29, 2017 10:13 AM

(Login sooty-yorkie1)

July 29 2017, 10:11 AM 

I think that's a good idea to offer some sort of assistance. I get the tv sky issue but some sort of assistance seems reasonable.

As to the club's lack of fight, well if the rules state it needs to be on that day at a ground suitable for tv companies then it is what it is. What can they do? Write a strongly worded letter, refuse to play?

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

July 29 2017, 10:27 AM 

sooty-yorkie1

I have not seen the rules, but it is very unlikely that there is a stipulation that the quarter-finals have to be played at a set time, on a set date and on a set ground. Somerset & Worcestershire do not have floodlights, so how could they hold a home tie in the evening to fit in with SKY??

I am sure we could insist on playing the tie at Scarborough with a 2.30 start, if we wanted to.

If, however, rules and regs are in place, then yes, I agree with you, there is nothing we can do.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Jul 29, 2017 10:30 AM

(Login sooty-yorkie1)

July 29 2017, 10:37 AM 

I'd be surprised stu if it didn't stipulate something along those lines. Where it's played, of a sufficient standard and definitions of that standard etc. I know other sport cup competitions do.

Twelfth Man
(Login twelthman)

July 29 2017, 11:24 AM 

Steve Denison is the latest to say that "there's nothing we can do". Would be nice if someone could ask WHY we can't do anything, WHY we can't play at Scarborough, to at least clear things up from a supporters' perspective.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

July 29 2017, 12:11 PM 

It's obvious from the club's Twitter feed that they value international cricket over anything else. Given their financial position, that's understandable. The club can't be regarded as completely innocent in this cock up.

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

July 29 2017, 1:37 PM 

Has this only just been realised now? Should really have been addressed at the time. Shambolic all round.

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

July 29 2017, 2:06 PM 

"
Re: QF Away tie July 29 2017, 12:11 PM

It's obvious from the club's Twitter feed that they value international cricket over anything else. Given their financial position, that's understandable. The club can't be regarded as completely innocent in this cock up."

But what are they guilty of Seadog?

As you state , 'understandably they value international cricket over anything else................' so,if you accept that,then they're not guilty on allowing the clash on that basis.

Have the team played too well thus ( hopefully, counting chickens here) causing the problem?

Should we have saved money on overseas players so as not to qualify and thus having more left in the pot from the international?

Any guilt attritutable seems to be due to a lack of fight at the ( potential) problem but I struggle to see any other culpability.

JG
(Login _JG_)

July 29 2017, 8:07 PM 

This is an absolute joke. It's clearly not a deliberate conspiracy from the ECB but designing a fixture schedule whereby one of the teams involved would have to forego the advantage gained from finishing in the top two is absolutely incompetent. Clearly the main issue is that it undermines the sporting I integrity of the competition (hardly new in county cricket unfortunately) but the potential loss of a decent payday and big day for YCCC supporters to look forward to are a big deal too. Football is hardly the ideal model to follow with changes in kick-off times and other problems for the match-going supporter, but I think it's fair to say this would never happen in football: a solution would be found (such as the various alternatives suggested here). The ECB are yet again showing their contempt for their own competitions and the supporters who attend them.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

July 30 2017, 10:42 AM 

IF we have to play the tie "away" then 1/4 million compensation from the ECB should be about right. 10000 crowd paying £20 quid a time, transport and hotel costs for all the players and support staff, the sky tv fee, and the cost of putting free travel on for any supporters who wish to travel.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

No Worries

August 5 2017, 8:30 AM 

I think we can all relax now and put this little problem behind us!

Papag
(Login Papag1)

August 5 2017, 9:03 AM 

Yes think we can put it behind us now , but that still doesn't hide the total shambolic ECB and bottle-less YCC management, our teams last weeks implosion has looked like getting them both out of jail not that i think they would lost 1 second of sleep over the situation, but we all know some other ECB directive will be shortly along to further alienate us again.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk