<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Ballance/Sarfraz

July 29 2017 at 10:20 AM
Stu  (Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

Gary unlikely for Scarborough. Sarfraz has his visa and arrives early next week.

from todays YP

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/cricket/yorkshire-forced-to-play-waiting-game-over-gary-ballance-s-recovery-1-8676295

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
peter
(Login wakefieldfan)

scarbourgh

July 30 2017, 5:23 PM 

But he is only playing 20-20?

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

Re: Ballance/Sarfraz

July 30 2017, 5:31 PM 

Supposedly, yes!! Personally I think he is a better bet than Marsh or Hanscomb in the CC. If he plays we can pick 5 batsmen, Sarfraz at 6, followed by Bresnan, Rashid, Plunkett, Coad & Siddy which gives us a very strong middle order.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

July 30 2017, 6:52 PM 

Marsh confirmed as overseas player in championship cricket for the rest of the season.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Marsh

July 30 2017, 8:32 PM 

That's the way I read it and I'm happy with that.

I think Marsh has the experience and the grit we need in the CC, especially if we don't get Ballance back.

Watching him in T20 he is happy to rotate the strike and get Willey or Lyth or whoever is being destructive on strike. He waits his turn to be aggressive when they get out and he becomes the senior batsman.

Works for me.

JG
(Login _JG_)

July 30 2017, 11:02 PM 

Agreed, it seems a sensible move: better to have Marsh, who has been here a while and should be reasonably accustomed to conditions already, for the rest of the season, rather than rely on another short-term fix (be that Sarfraz or someone else).

LUTyke
(Login Y4EV)

Ballance/Sarfraz

July 31 2017, 5:10 PM 

If Westley nails down no.3 for England then it would seem we have Balance back for the last 4 games in the CC which I think will be a huge boost. Can see us ending the season strongly and whilst I think it's too late for us to win it I think 2nd-4th would be reasonable and would be a huge morale boost after our mid-season struggles. If we don't get him back I think it will be between us and Somerset for that final relegation spot with Warwickshire finishing bottom. Hope we can somehow beat or at least draw with Essex at Scarborough.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk