<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Best route to ground from Huddersfield

August 1 2017 at 1:13 PM
Big Rich  (Login Newyorkie)

Hello and happy Yorkshire Day to one and all.

Am after some help with directions again! Normally travel from my home in York but on Thursday I will be visiting relatives in Huddersfield and going straight to the match from there. I did the same journey last Wednesday, to the Durham game, using a rather out of date sat. nav. and it was a bit of a nightmare once I hit the outskirts of Leeds.

Can any of you kind folk advise on the best way to go. Need to keep it simple and bear in mind that I have little knowledge of that side of town and am pretty useless when out of my comfort zone. I park on the terraced streets (Headingley Mount/Headingley Ave etc)and would be most at ease coming into Leeds off the Otley Road, going past St Chads CC. on the way in.

Looking at my AA Atlas I'm wondering if the simplest route is to come off the M62 at junction 26 onto the A58, then left onto the A6110 and follow it round until I get to the junction with A660. Would that be a relatively trouble-free route at that time of day?

Thanks in anticipation.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Stick with what you know.

August 1 2017, 8:41 PM 

I used to hate trying to get out of Huddersfield on any working day so leave yourself plenty of time.

I always stayed on the M62 to jct 27 onto the M621 then joined the A58 inner ring road coming off onto the A660 etc.

If you end up in the wrong lane or slightly confused follow signs for the Airport up the A65 then feed right into Kirkstall lane by the leisure centre.

If you pass the Abbey you've gone too far.

(Login sooty-yorkie1)

Re: Best route to ground from Huddersfield

August 1 2017, 10:47 PM 

If it were me and at all doable (with regards to times) I'd go on the train.

I avoid driving to headingley pretty much always, that just me.

Big Rich
(Login Newyorkie)

Re: Best route to ground from Huddersfield

August 2 2017, 12:26 AM 

Unfortunately the train is not a realistic option for me.
Thanks for the directions Geoff. Will hopefully keep me right but, yes, i intend allowing plenty of time.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk