<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Confession

August 1 2017 at 1:24 PM
Third Umpire  (Login ThirdUmpire)

I'm planning on going to Scarbados on Sunday for the first time in decades. In fact I'm struggling to recall my last visit but it's likely to have been with parents in mid 80s and may have been Boycs final game for us when he fell just short of 1000 runs for the season.

I have looked in on a couple of occasions when in Scarborough but not when there was a match on. I'm hoping the memories will come flooding back of happy times at the Festival when it was always the first week of September and playing on the outfield with the rubbish bin for stumps. Plus bowling at Boycott in front of the banking of wooden seats and my sister being given a piggy back by asif Iqbal from Kent for some strange reason.

God I've missed the place but work and family always seem to conspire and stop me getting there. This time the stars are all aligned and the weather forecast looks to have finally played ball too.

It's that exciting I'm almost tempted to pack my rucksack tonight!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
sid
(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

Re: Confession

August 1 2017, 1:43 PM 

One things for sure, you'll recognise it. The place hasn't changed.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk