<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Rhino's won!

August 4 2017, 10:39 PM 

So it's not the end of the world is it, sorry if you're not a fan.

Very hard to take tonight's defeat, especially when you could see it coming from about 10 overs out. At least it wasn't against a rival for qualification and the other results still leave it all to play for in terms of qualification.

We should be able to get up for the next game, full house against Lancashire. In all probability 2 wins will be enough to sneak through, lets leave the really deep gloom until it becomes impossible to qualify.

Important thing now is the next game on Sunday. It will be nice to see a few old friends, Siddy, Hoddy, Brooksy etc.

Let's hope for a spot of decent weather and a positive result.

Jay
(Login overman8)

Re: T20 Blast | Durham vs Yorkshire at Chester-le-Street (Match Thread)

August 4 2017, 10:43 PM 

Not that surprised to be honest, we are a side in decline at present. The issues with our batting have been there for a good a few seasons now which have often been masked by some exceptional individual performances. Our T20 campaign is yet again going down the drain along with the rest of our season. I echo the view of others in questioning the appointment of Gale as coach. I expressed at the time this was an absurd appointment more driven by financial reasoning than sense, it clearly doesn't feel to be paying off.

Twelfth Man
(Login twelthman)

August 4 2017, 11:45 PM 

I suppose I must take some of the blame, buying a ticket for Finals Day between the Durham and Notts games. Not that I expected us to be there (although a small part of me hoped that we would). Just fancied attending one before it most likely gets struck off the calendar from 2020.

Reg
(Login Reg123)

A strange campaign

August 5 2017, 12:38 AM 

It feels like we have thrown the kitchen sink at T20 this year and the wheels look to be coming off. I get the feeling that Gale thought it was as easy as buying in some hired help, which hasn't felt quite right since the first ball was bowled. In amongst this there is an isolated suggestion we should blame Lees for losing tonight, that's a puzzling conclusion to say the least! By the way, he did lead us to finals day less than a year ago....

This year has failure written all over it, not just in T20, something is rotten on the county of Yorkshire.

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

August 5 2017, 1:07 AM 

Lees'innings is just about ok, nothing more though. He isn't a number 4, he can't rotate the strike and he appears to have added a good 8kg to his frame this season. If he plays he opens.

Dean
(Login Yorkyspur78)

August 5 2017, 5:42 AM 

Totally agree that in T20 if Lees plays he has to open, I'm sure TKC could bat at 4

spanishnick
(Login Spanishnick)

August 9 2017, 1:47 PM 

I was at the game. From what i saw Alex Lees looked very good until he was run out. He was one of few batsmen on the night timing and middling the ball well.
I felt that Lyth and KC made poor choices in the fifth over, both falling to pretty poor swipes in successive deliveries.We were up with the rate required with 16 overs still to bat.There was no need to go so hard at such high risk.Teams almost never recover from losing wickets in successive balls. We seem to have done this a few times in recent matches. We also badly missed an experienced good bat to time the chase eg Marsh or Ballance.
Good to see us mixing the bowling up a bit and it seemed to work pretty well.
Durham are a poor side and we ought to have won this game, but we lacked a bit of nous.
Incidentally, Durham is a very good place to take kids to T20. Loads of stuff going on for them all round the ground.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk