<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Scarborough

August 4 2017 at 8:28 AM
Stu  (Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

Short of fit players next week.

Ballance, Plunkett & Marsh injured, Brook playing for the Under 19`s, and the usual suspects away with England.

Possible team

Lyth, Lees, KC, Leaning, Safraz, Rashid, Bresnan, Hodd, Patterson, Coad & Siddy.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

Re: Scarborough

August 4 2017, 8:39 AM 

Sarfraz? That might be dependent on what his contract and the PCB say. He's t20 only isn't he?

(Login matthefish2002)

August 4 2017, 10:05 AM 

What's happened to Brooks?
Is he injured as I have not heard anything about him lately.

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

August 4 2017, 11:15 AM 

Jack Brooks played for the seconds at RGS Worcester. He generally looked threatening and took wickets, though I would say he wasn't at his absolute best.

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

August 4 2017, 12:26 PM 

Is Siddy fit?

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

August 4 2017, 12:59 PM 

According to the YP Siddy is fit, but Marsh & Plunkett are not.

I don`t think we have to specify, which of our overseas players can play in certain competitions and not others, just that only 1 is allowed in CC and two in T20. You could have eight signed up as long as you stick to the rules re playing.

IF Safraz is not allowed to play, we really are in the deep dodah for batting slots.

Lyth, Lees, KC, Leaning and one A N other followed by Rashid, Bresnan, Hodd and 3 from Patterson, Siddy, Coad & Brooks.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

August 4 2017, 1:38 PM 

Gale to come out of retirement?!

Dewsburian
(Login Dewsburian)

August 4 2017, 1:44 PM 

In a rain break on the last day of the Worcester II game, Ryan told me that he was fit to play at Scarborough. He didn't take any further part in that match, so unless he's injured himself in training, I presume he's OK.

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

August 4 2017, 3:06 PM 

Willey is in decent form with the bat 😉

(Login matthefish2002)

August 4 2017, 3:46 PM 

I wouldn't call the weather forecast perfect but is improving.
Need to really win this to put any pressure on Essex for top spot.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

August 4 2017, 4:12 PM 

With the dodgy weather forecast and our much weakened side it is unrealistic to expect a win against a very good side and the current leaders.

I would be over the moon if we pick up 13 points from a draw, but with Amin & Harmer in their attack, I can not see us getting 400 and maximum bowling points.

JG
(Login _JG_)

August 4 2017, 4:46 PM 

Let's not forget that this isn't the same Essex side that took them to top in the league though- with Cook and Westley in the England side this week they are without their #1 and #3 leading runscorers this season; we're not the only ones with a weakened batting line up.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Squad for Scarborough

August 5 2017, 9:17 AM 

Harry Brook in the squad which is the only surprise for me.

12 man squad from Website.

lyth
Lees
Brook
Kohler-Cadmore
Leaning
Bresnan
Rashid
Hodd
Coad
Brooks
Patterson
Sidebottom

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

August 5 2017, 9:25 AM 

So which seamer misses out? Brooks for me, he hasn't bowled well this season.

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

August 5 2017, 9:26 AM 

We appear to have left our form batsman out of the 12..

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

August 5 2017, 9:31 AM 

The batting line-up does not inspire any confidence, but it just could be the match when they all perform up to their capabilities, and we get a decent score, for a change.

Amir tomorrow morning should be interesting, if we bat. 5 down by lunch??

It`s either Brooks or Patterson. I am sure it will be Patterson.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Aug 5, 2017 9:49 AM

(Login BrickyardBoy)

August 5 2017, 10:50 AM 

Given the fitness records of Sidebottom and Brooks this season, it would be an enormous gamble to include both in the same team. The risk of ending up with only Bresnan and Coad, supported by Rashid and Lyth is too great. It may happen, but I would be very surprised if both were to be selected in the same eleven.

To me it looks like:

Lyth
Lees
Kohler-Cadmore
Leaning
Safraz
Rashid
Bresnan
Hodd
Patterson
Coad
Sidebottom or Brooks (if Sidebottom reports "not up for it")

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

August 5 2017, 11:08 AM 

Reading Gale's pre match remarks you wonder whether he is in real world about our recent 20/20 exploits. I am on my way down to Scarborough feeling less enthusiastic than ever before. I am disappointed Willey, Brook nor Fisher are in squad and that Lees and Brooks are included and hope Sidebottom is fit enough for a four day match. Presumably we cannot include Sarfraz as our batting looks decidedly fragile. I would like to see Rashid batting higher up the order and Bresnan lower down, Hopefully my pessimism will be unfounded and we will witness a display showing real Yorkshire grit! Above all I hope the weather is kind 😀

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

August 5 2017, 11:19 AM 

Brook is in the squad. Certainly agree about Willey's non selection though, would fancy him with the bat ahead of the confidence lacking current line up.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

August 5 2017, 5:33 PM 

Essex squad. No-one injured, Westley & Cook away with England. Sam Cook, if he plays, will be making his CC debut.

Ryan ten Doeschate (27) Captain,
Mohammad Amir (5)
Varun Chopra (6),
James Foster (7),
Nick Browne (10)
Simon Harmer (11),
Sam Cook (16)
Paul Walter (22),
Ravi Bopara (25),
Dan Lawrence (28),
Adam Wheater (31),
Jamie Porter (44),
Callum Taylor (67).

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk