<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Off season away

August 4 2017 at 11:59 AM
ian  (Login devon_outcast)

Good morning guys
I wondered if anyone knew of any plans the club had to send it's player to Australia or New Zealand over the winter again?

I will be moving out to Wellington in September, We'll be living less than a mile from the cricket ground. It would be too good a chance to miss it there were some Tykes playing.

Ian

This message has been edited by devon_outcast on Aug 4, 2017 11:59 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Pyrahtechnics
(Login Pyrahtechnics)

Re: Off season away

August 5 2017, 1:23 AM 

Congratulations on the move Ian, is Wellington a place you have visited before? Such a lovely area.

May have a better idea of any Yorkshire players playing club cricket in New Zealand towards the winter. Alex Lees didn't get hooked up with Bay of Plenty until December last year. I suspect there will be a couple of County players taking part in the Super Smash.

At least Joe Root, Jonny Bairstow, Liam Plunkett, Adil Rashid and Dave Willey will be making an appearance at the Cake Tin on Saturday 3rd March for an ODI. Shame there is no New Zealand v England test match at the Basin Reserve.

ian
(Login devon_outcast)

Re: Off season away

August 7 2017, 10:14 AM 

Thanks, I'll have to keep a look out o the forum for county players coming over for the winter.

I've not been to Wellington before so it should be quite an adventure. My 10 year old is cricket mad and opens for Devon down here, one school option for him uses the Basin Reserve for their cricket and is within sight of the classrooms. I don't know if it's the perfect place or if there's a match and he has to be in a maths lesson it could be cruel!

The Yorkshire flag will be packed ready for the England team visit.

Thanks

Ian

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk