<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Yorkshire v Essex at Scarborough -day 3.....

August 8 2017 at 8:16 AM
Guest  (Login ThirdUmpire)

Sadly it's not even funny like it used to be a few years ago.

And it looks like rain in Scarborough all day so if we had managed a modicum of a backs to the wall fight then the weather may have spared our blushes.

This message has been edited by ThirdUmpire on Aug 8, 2017 8:18 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Rey
(Login Rey2)

Re: Yorkshire v Essex at Scarborough -day 3.....

August 8 2017, 9:17 AM 

Doesn't feel so good when you're on the losing side....

https://twitter.com/EssexCricket/status/894834097620746240

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Rain confirmed

August 8 2017, 9:49 AM 

I can confirm it is now peeing it down in Scarborough and looks set in for the day.

It's the day after the horror show now and we have to wait until September for any more 4 day cricket.

Lots of venom and despair over the last couple of days against various players and the coaching staff but we do have to move on and it will have to be with what we have got.

Captaincy and leadership on the field was an issue and hopefully we will get our Captain back.

Hopefully Ballance and Marsh will add some grit and backbone to our flaky batting. New opening partnership needed, Lyth and TKC would be my choice.

Brook doesn't seem to be ready yet so perhaps Lees at 3.

It's very difficult to pin too much blame on the bowlers for the defeat

I only saw the first day but my impression was that Coad was good enough and confident enough to be given the new ball. This may be a season too far for Siddy and a diplomatic twinge and providing some help to others might be his best role.

Brooks looks dangerous and threatening occasionally but those occasions are very short lived and infrequent.

Bresnan kept himself on too long, wanting to deliver a performance he is no longer capable of.

Don't know what to do about the wicket keeping, don't suppose Quintin de Kock fancies a short term gig!

(Login ThirdUmpire)

August 8 2017, 10:14 AM 

Just get sarfraz registered.....

CricketWanderer
(Login CricketWanderer)

August 8 2017, 11:24 AM 

I have read some of the negative comments on here about the state of the Scarborough ground.

Agree in many ways - but what else is to be expected when the club have so little revenue?

The club used to get a 10-day festival, plus another Championship match and two JPL matches - so around 15 serious revenue days as opposed to 6 this year.

Plus a SCC club side that drew in several hundred every fortnight of the season - now admission is free and almost no-one goes as attendances at club cricket have collapsed all over the country.

The club attempted staging an England Lions match not so long ago but the attendance was abysmal. As it has been when they've tried tagging on other matches to the "festival" Championship game.

To be honest I am amazed that the ground is still there because I don't know how the club manage to finance it.

(Login dpressed)

August 8 2017, 1:58 PM 

Scarborough is an out ground so should be viewed as such. It compares well to other such grounds. And whilst we only had 2 days in the match we just lost around 10,700 saw the match. This will be one of the best attended Championship games of the season. Some smaller counties won't get that many more through the gates in the whole season

(Login dpressed)

August 8 2017, 2:00 PM 

Oh yes. I was chatting to 2 unlucky Bradford lads in the pub last night. They'd travelled to Scarborough yesterday to watch the last 2 days of the match.

CricketWanderer
(Login CricketWanderer)

August 8 2017, 2:06 PM 

Well there would have been no play today anyway and I suspect they would have struggled to get the outfield dry enough to play at all tomorrow. It is sheeting down and forecast to continue until tomorrow morning.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk