<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

2nd 11 T20 Finals Day, Thursday 10th

August 9 2017 at 7:51 PM
Ian   (Login Royalnavy)

At Arundal tomorrow, it's been hammering down all day here today but I may venture along tomorrow as I'm only 45 mins away and if it's dry.

We've got Hampshire at 10.30, Lancashire are on afterwards (can't remember who they play!)

Hopefully will be a successful day, it's certainly a nice place to watch cricket

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Twelfth Man
(Login twelthman)

Re: 2nd 11 T20 Finals Day, Thursday 10th

August 9 2017, 8:05 PM 

Good luck to the lads. As our 1st team has declined, our 2nds seem to have improved with the 50 over trophy in the bag already and a chance of another limited overs title tomorrow. Hopefully it means promising signs for the future but as we've seen with Brook, it's difficult to make the breakthrough with the team struggling and morale low.

JG
(Login _JG_)

August 9 2017, 10:56 PM 

Unfortunately their tends to be little correlation between success at Second Team level and impending First Team success: our Seconds won sod all when Root, Bairstow, Lees etc were coming through while Leics have been the dominant side in Second XI cricket in recent years. They seem to be our only hope of silverware this year though, so good luck to them!

sid
(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

August 10 2017, 7:49 AM 

Good luck from me as well.

I've seen several of the group games. Key points seem to be if you can seek in a player or two with first team experience that's a massive help, they tend to do well. In our games Lees, Fisher and Gibson have performed well but all are missing finals day. They'll be a loss.

Our spinners have done well (Craver and Shutt) I think its possible we'll play three slow bowlers and also include Logan.

We've lots of very good cricketers rather than stand out stars, so who knows. However with the bat a lot depends on Rhodes, Tattersall and Waite to make a significant score.

Hopefully they'll be a twitter feed somewhere to keep us up to date.

(Login KennyShovel)

August 10 2017, 10:37 AM 

Scorecard for semi-final v Hampshire:

http://www.totalcricketscorer.com/TCSLive/TCSScorecard.aspx?id=62167

Update: perhaps don't click on that link if you've been diagnosed with high blood pressure

This message has been edited by KennyShovel on Aug 10, 2017 12:10 PM

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

August 10 2017, 12:57 PM 

Bit of a stuffing. Looked a much weakened side. I suppose there are eligibility rules, but why no Brooks, Lees, Siddy, Brook, Coad, Hodd or any other of our players not playing tomorrow. After all, they could do with the practice.

I notice the Hampshire side had three recent first teamers playing, we had none.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Aug 10, 2017 1:48 PM

Ian
(Login Royalnavy)

August 10 2017, 1:47 PM 

We batted like we had somewhere else to go pretty quickly, the points above are valid in that we had little experience but it wasn't good.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk