<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Yorks v Lancs T20 pre-match thread

August 10 2017 at 1:46 PM
Stu  (Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

TEAM NEWS (from the OS)

Liam Plunkett has recovered from the hamstring injury he picked up in training last Wednesday and should bolster the Vikings’ bowling attack.

Shaun Marsh is on target to return, having been helped from the field with concussion in the five-wicket defeat to Derbyshire. The Australian overseas, who sat out of the T20 match against Durham at Chester-Le-Street and the Welcome to Yorkshire Scarborough Festival, has been monitored by the Club’s medical staff and is scheduled to appear in the match.

Gary Ballance is still recovering from fracturing his finger on England duty in the Second Investec Test Match. Ballance, who netted at Scarborough this week, will be put through his paces early next week ahead of any potential return.

The Vikings 13-man squad to face Lancashire Lightning at Headingley

Tim Bresnan ©
Karl Carver
Matthew Fisher
Tom Kohler-Cadmore
Jack Leaning
Adam Lyth
Shaun Marsh
Steven Patterson
Liam Plunkett
Azeem Rafiq
Adil Rashid
Sarfaraz Ahmed (W)
David Willey

Lancashire Lightning Squad

Steven Croft (C), Tom Bailey, Jos Buttler (W), Karl Brown, Jordan Clark, Kyle Jarvis, Rob Jones, Junaid Khan, Arron Lilley, Liam Livingstone, Ryan McLaren, Matthew Parkinson, Stephen Parry, Dane Vilas

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Aug 10, 2017 1:49 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Twelfth Man
(Login twelthman)

Re: Yorks v Lancs T20 pre-match thread

August 10 2017, 1:51 PM 

Can't say I'm particularly upset that I don't have a ticket. Will be a struggle to put the TV on especially if the usual Lancy posse are commentating.

Hope the weather is fine for the finances. Help pay back the debt. Or for Gale's pay off.

This message has been edited by twelthman on Aug 10, 2017 1:53 PM

(Login ThirdUmpire)

August 10 2017, 3:01 PM 

A reminder that the men's game is preceded by the First Ladies t20 for Yorkshire ladies and tickets give you access to both games - or at least mine appears to.

I presume Gavin will be starting a separate thread for the ladies t20 games and a run through our team so I can cheer them on ahead of the men's game?

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

August 10 2017, 3:12 PM 

Correct TU, the match tickets get you into both games.

JG
(Login _JG_)

August 10 2017, 6:11 PM 

If only the game were tonight: it's a gorgeous evening in Leeds! Tomorrow's forecast is not so good: my hopes for the game are (1) no rain, after attending the rain-ruined reverse fixture and (2) that we don't embarrass ourselves as we have in the last few games- that really would be hard to take against Lancs...

(Login ThirdUmpire)

August 10 2017, 6:33 PM 

Bound to rain as I'm going....

(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

August 10 2017, 9:30 PM 

Are 'pass outs' available tomorrow?

I seem to recall last year this is the one game when your in you really are in!

Bit complicated but I'm likely to be there very early and in the family car, my 'other half' about 6:15pm on the train and with lots of luggage. I'd like to pop out, luggage into the car and then, together, back into the ground.

Twelfth Man
(Login twelthman)

August 10 2017, 9:48 PM 

No pass outs for any T20s this season. I tried to leave to sit in my car during the short rain delay during the Worcester match but was refused "unless I was visiting the shop or ticket office". So I suppose you could risk flaunting the regulations a little bit...

This message has been edited by twelthman on Aug 10, 2017 9:49 PM

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Ask a supervisor

August 10 2017, 10:13 PM 

With the Ladies game before and quite a long gap between matches I wouldn't be surprised if pass-out were allowed between games. You would need your ticket as well to get back in and any bags you had would be searched.

In the unlikely event this isn't the case ask someone with supervisor or manager on their back and I'm sure they will be helpful.

sid
(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

August 11 2017, 7:44 AM 

Thanks for the replies about the pass out situation.

Although I'll arrive before my wife it now looks like to gap will be less than expected so I may just head down to Burley Park station and walk with her back to where the car is parked to dump her luggage.

A supplementary question: Can anyone recommend a decent chip shop on the way from Burley Park station to the ground? My usual one is St Michaels lane which will be on the 'wrong' side on this occasion.

JG
(Login _JG_)

August 11 2017, 7:47 AM 

That's still the nearest one Sid. There are some crap takeaways on Cardigan Rd but nowhere decent.

sid
(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

August 11 2017, 1:53 PM 

More parking, pass out, luggage, chip related planning issues.

Does anyone park off Victoria Rd around Norwood Ave - recommended?

Train in to Burley park at 6.01, luggage to car, chips brought and seated in the Trueman enclosure for the first ball, possible?

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk