<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
(Login ThirdUmpire)

Re: T20 | Yorkshire vs Lancashire at Leeds (Match Thread)

August 12 2017, 10:18 AM 

I think if you have a ground as big as we have and you can fill it as we did last night then you are in the running for a franchise more than those with smaller grounds or grounds they never fill. It's all about the money, money, money....

Roundhegian
(Login Roundhegian)

August 12 2017, 10:58 AM 

(Login dpressed)

August 12 2017, 3:08 PM 

Just to be devil's advocate.

We only fill Headingley against Lancashire. They have the mirror image. Essex have been talking of playing T20 at the London Stadium. That could throw a spanner in the works

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Long way from Chelmsford

August 12 2017, 3:52 PM 

They may talk about it but I can't imagine it being remotely viable.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

August 12 2017, 3:55 PM 

Wrong shaped stadium.

Cricket grounds have to be circular not oval as the Olympic stadium is.

(Login dpressed)

August 12 2017, 5:07 PM 

Or The Oval?

JG
(Login _JG_)

August 12 2017, 7:01 PM 

It was a great game last night.

I was pretty worried when we came off for rain as it looked quite set in, but thankfully it then relented, with the only real effect being the disruption to the rhythm of our batting. Lyth and Kohler-Cadmore had looked superb up until that point- Lyth all effortless timing, Kohler-Cadmore more brutal- but after the break our innings certainly lost momentum. I wasn't sure whether we had enough at half-way: which was the real pitch, the one that Lyth and Kohler-Cadmore made it look so easy on or the one on which the rest found it rather more difficult?

For Lancs the two players I was worried about were Livingstone and Buttler; thankfully Bres accounted for Livingstone (who for some reason decided to turn around and shush the Western Terrace after catching Lyth so wasn't the most popular man in Headingley last night) early doors, and strangely Lancs held back Buttler until quite late on. Buttler got off the mark in ominous fashion but when Patto got him out I felt the game was ours. Lancs never quite lost touch and there was some tension until the end, but Bresnan's final over prompted great scenes. I think Bresnan's celebrations after the run-out and final ball showed how much it does mean to the players. Overall, aside from the two overseas players who were again dreadful, we were very good. It's a shame we can't manage to do this consistently but at least we turned up on the big stage.

spanishnick
(Login Spanishnick)

August 14 2017, 12:54 PM 

My apologies to anyone in the vicinity for the very loud expletive I shrieked when Jack held onto that catch.(I know there was at least one mod and his missus probably within earshot).

sid
(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

August 14 2017, 9:20 PM 

Did you hear my 'other halves' comment? 'I like that chaps hat, it really suits him'. Quite a compliment!

spanishnick
(Login Spanishnick)

August 15 2017, 12:11 PM 

My dad used to be fond of saying "if you cant dance, wear a big hat". Hence....

(Login ThirdUmpire)

August 15 2017, 2:26 PM 

My dads version was " if you can't fight, wear a big hat" but I can't fight and haven't got a big hat either!

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk