<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

T20 | Yorkshire vs Lancashire at Leeds (Match Thread)

August 11 2017 at 3:41 AM

WRF  (Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

Aug 11, 2017 - North Group at Headingley, Leeds (night)

YORKSHIRE from: Tim Bresnan (capt), Karl Carver, Matthew Fisher, Tom Kohler-Cadmore, Jack Leaning, Adam Lyth, Shaun Marsh, Steven Patterson, Liam Plunkett, Azeem Rafiq, Adil Rashid, Sarfaraz Ahmed (wkt), David Willey

LANCASHIRE from: Steven Croft (capt), Tom Bailey, Jos Buttler (W), Karl Brown, Jordan Clark, Kyle Jarvis, Rob Jones, Junaid Khan, Arron Lilley, Liam Livingstone, Ryan McLaren, Matthew Parkinson, Stephen Parry, Dane Vilas

Live Scorecard
Live Commentary
Headingley Weather
""

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Loiner
(Login TheLoiner)

Re: T20 | Yorkshire vs Lancashire at Leeds (Match Thread)

August 11 2017, 7:37 AM 

On paper it's our best team, leaving out Carver and Fisher.

We must win to keep our faint hopes of winning something this season alive

JG
(Login _JG_)

August 11 2017, 7:44 AM 

Well it's a lovely morning in North Leeds- let's hope it's as nice this evening...

Hopefully a packed Headingley for the biggest event of the year is what the team need to kick them out of this current slump. Gale should be getting the players to focus on the fact that we've won 8 of our last 9 T20 home games, have 3/5 of the England attack for the last World T20 final, 2 overseas with great pedigree and one of the form batsmen in the comp in Wiley rather than the last three performances- if we repeat one of those on this stage it will not be enjoyable...

Seadog73
(Login Seadog73)

August 11 2017, 7:53 AM 

Despite the week we've just had, I'm strangely confident. I agree with leaving out Fisher and Carver - we do still have a powerful looking t20 side.

(Login ElTwis)

August 11 2017, 7:56 AM 

Really looking forward to this one, no excuses with the team as strong as it could be (barring the England players).

Looks like a bit of a downpour this afternoon but stopping a couple hours before the match. Not sure how that will effect the pitch but I'd be surprised if we didn't elect to bat first should we win the toss.

Roundhegian
(Login Roundhegian)

August 11 2017, 8:33 AM 

The downpour forecast for this afternoon is not good news for the Diamonds match.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Good chance

August 11 2017, 8:46 AM 

I think we've got a stronger team than they have and I'm sure we have a good chance of winning.

It is T20 though and if someone from the opposition does an 'Alex Hales' it's not necessarily always the best team that wins.

If we do end up batting first and scoring is easy we've got to keep going hard right through and not just knock it about in the middle overs.

Not going to this one but I'll be fully involved on my sofa.

(Login exiledanum)

Why should I....?

August 11 2017, 11:38 AM 

I'm having real trouble getting motivated for this.

Despite having the tickets for months, I think it's the post-Scarborough blues. Exactly the same happened a month ago when I skipped the Notts game on the Friday after our first drubbing at the seaside.

All I can see at the moment is another dull (weather) night, shivering in unseasonal temperature, surrounded by raucous drunken behaviour and all the other tripe that spoils what we're actually there for, capped off by a humbling by the Red Rose that ends our last glimmer of hope for any honours this year.

I know logic says that only five of the players that took part in the disgraceful loss to Essex make the side tonight, that it is a different format and is, after all, a live sport event - and just look what happened in that Notts match.

I have three hours to snap out of it....

(Login ThirdUmpire)

August 11 2017, 12:18 PM 

I have the same issues!

Perhaps I need to see a psychologist.

Or I'm hoping the chance to catch up with my son for first time in weeks with a few drinks might just give me the catalyst needed.

Twelfth Man
(Login twelthman)

August 11 2017, 1:18 PM 

No mention of Buttler yet. Can see him running riot against us again. If we bat first we'll need 220 minimum.

JG
(Login _JG_)

August 11 2017, 2:32 PM 

Well we've had Hales do it to us, why not England's other superstar white all batsman too...

Still dry so far: I hope the forecast for rain is just wrong rather than delayed..,

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

August 11 2017, 4:40 PM 

Massive day today, could be the last of the season for us, with all that is left, is a fight to avoid the drop.

Jay
(Login overman8)

August 11 2017, 5:23 PM 

Despite the pessimism that i've been harboring towards the side and particular the coaching (or lack of), I actually do feel we will win tonight.

Gavin Gray
(Login yorkie1863)

If you need cheering up watch the ladies

August 11 2017, 5:46 PM 

If you are feeling depressed or frustrated by the men's team watch the women play. Better cricket shots, less sledging, they embrace the spirit of the game more and its more enjoyable T20 to watch.

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

August 11 2017, 6:02 PM 

Nonsense.

Brian
(Login NewBrian)

August 11 2017, 6:46 PM 

Well, this is a pretty explosive start I must say.

(Login dpressed)

August 11 2017, 6:49 PM 

I like the two openers playing for a team called Yorkshire Vikings in the T20, can we sign them up for the Championship team? (he he)

This message has been edited by dpressed on Aug 11, 2017 6:49 PM

Brian
(Login NewBrian)

August 11 2017, 6:56 PM 

Flintoff has lauded a player called Jonny Burstow too, any chance of signing him?

54 off 24
(Login 54off24)

August 11 2017, 6:58 PM 

I wonder if there has been a rather "frank" discussion about playing for YCCC?

Leg Glance
(Login legglance)

August 11 2017, 6:58 PM 

Flintoff also said that Jonny and Buttler should be playing for England, Buttler as a batsman only at 7!

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk