<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Dorchester on Thames

August 13 2017 at 5:54 PM
Gavin Gray  (Login yorkie1863)

Just read about this village side who scored 40 runs off the last over to win. They needed 35 runs off the last over to win.
The over went as follows:
Ball 1 no ball hit for 6
Ball 2 hit for 6
Ball 3 dot ball
Ball 4 hit for 4
Ball 5 no ball hit for 4
Ball 6 hit for 6
Ball 7 hit for 6
Ball 8 hit for 6

Amazing!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

Re: Dorchester on Thames

August 14 2017, 9:00 AM 

Imagine being the bowler! I'm sure all of us who played have memories of dropping a catch, or missing a run out (Maxwell), and our team losing as a result - I know I have (3 to win, 9 wickets down) - but this is criminal! The no balls, not the sixes.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

August 14 2017, 9:40 AM 

Yes the no balls are unforgiveable. Just ask Pyrah....

Another couple of cricket stories from the weekend included Ridley breaking a world record for the most balls bowled in 24 hours I think to raise funds and then a lad in Northumberland who clean bowled six batsmen in one over whilst his Dad umpires at that end and his mum did the teas.

JollyD
(Login JollyD)

Dorchester on Thames

August 14 2017, 11:34 AM 

And the most important of these was the mum. Sadly tea-making mums and wives are a fast diminishing breed. As more women work full-time, they are understandably less willing to give their Saturdays for the exclusive pleasures of their menfolk. Clubs are certainly feeling the pinch in this regard.

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

August 14 2017, 1:57 PM 

I remember my team batting first and, as teatime approached, being asked to lend a couple of fieldsmen while two of their side went off to prepare the meal.

One of the subs caught me on the boundary, out for 86 or thereabout, and not happy!

These days it's outside caterers, I think.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk