<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Too difficult

August 19 2017, 5:21 PM 

The ICC seem to have put the idea of putting Test matches into any context in the box marked too difficult.

By recently giving full membership to Ireland and Afghanistan they may have made it even more difficult.

You do want to see the smaller teams given a chance to challenge the bigger teams, but you may not necessarily want to pay money to watch it.

peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

Re: 1st Test | England vs West Indies at Edgbaston (Match Thread)

August 19 2017, 7:37 PM 

I would have thought the addition of these sides would make it all the easier and certainly more preferable

12 test teams playing invitational 'friendlies' with each other is not gonna fill grounds

But imagine the support for Ireland v Afghanistan to get into the second division and take on the likes of west indies or india/pakistan or others.

Twelfth Man
(Login twelthman)

August 19 2017, 9:10 PM 

Well West Indies caved in like Yorkshire there.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Better fist of it

August 20 2017, 8:56 AM 

Although I expect a 3 0 Whitewash for the WI's I hope they make a much better fist of it at Headingley.

I haven't booked for the first 3 days but I'm hopeful of getting to the BH Monday, if there's enough cricket left to make it worthwhile, and I can find my way around the various events in and around Leeds.

Call must be for a very flat one as I don't think we need any help from the pitch against this lot.

(Login WhiteroseDave)

August 20 2017, 9:28 AM 

"Think I would prefer 3 leagues of 4 with each side playing a series both home and away against the other 3 over a 2 or 3 year period with the team finishing 4th being relegated and the top team being promoted and the winners of div 1 being declared the champion test team"
I agree with this, I think this way round there is a real elite top division, some of the newer teams would most likely start in div 3 but div 2 would be really interesting, there would always be the chance of the "big boys" being in there so gaining promotion from div 3 would be huge for some of the lesser teams.

Play each team home & away minimum of a 3 match series over a 2 year period, that's 9 games per year which leaves space for any extra "friendlies" such as the ashes if they're not already being played.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk