Stu  (Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

They start tomorrow with all 4 on Sky.

22nd Derbyshire v Hampshire

23rd Glamorgan v leicestershire

24th Notts v Somerset

25th Surrey v Warwickshire

27 "overseas" players in the 8 teams.

My predictions for Finals day -- Hampshire, Glamorgan, Notts & Surrey.

It is 2012, since a Southern Group side have won the T20, that was Hampshire, who in the same year, also won the other 1 day competition. Possibly a repeat this year with Notts winning both white ball competitions to make it a treble along with the 2nd Division title.

Since the competition started in 2003, Leics have won it the most times with 3 wins. There have been 10 different counties who have won the competition.

In 2003 there were 5 group games, then a gradual increase to 16 in 2011, now back to 14.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
(Login ExiledinNotts)

Re: T20 Quarter-Finals

August 21 2017, 1:32 PM 

I will go on an East Midlands theme pretty much.

Derbyshire
Leicestershire
Notts
Surrey

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Home support

August 22 2017, 9:29 AM 

I'd like to see Warwickshire get through.

I've only ever been once which was 2014 when Warwickshire won.

Not sure I want them to win this year but the home team making finals day is never a bad thing.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

August 22 2017, 9:43 AM 

I think the opposite, Warwickshire having ground advantage surely is unfair on the other three teams.

Same thing could happen with the FA cup next year. Final with Spurs in, on their home ground?

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Aug 22, 2017 1:35 PM

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Derbyshire v Hants

August 22 2017, 5:34 PM 

Looks like a decent evening weather wise.

My soft spot for Derbyshire is just a little stronger than hoping Craig White's team do well so I'll go with that.

One advantage of our not being involved is that I am not in the least anxious.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

August 22 2017, 6:34 PM 

Spurs never win at Wembley so no advantage!

No chance of me wanting Warwickshire who seem to be the new Surrey. Derbyshire would suit me as winners and nice to see a smaller county success. They play t20 the right way and stuffed us twice

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

August 22 2017, 7:06 PM 

Typical, just our luck, match winner Madsen bowls rubbish first over and drops sitter from big hitting Afriidi. Derby getting smashed.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

August 22 2017, 7:06 PM 

Lyth,s & Yorkshire's 260 record look in danger from boom-boom.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

August 22 2017, 8:24 PM 

Hampshire are well on way to the semifinals - amazing that Derbyshire got to this stage and even qualified for home quarterfinal.

Kevin Owens
(Login kevinowens)

August 22 2017, 8:39 PM 

To think Derbyshire did the double over us

54 off 24
(Login 54off24)

August 22 2017, 8:40 PM 

I've paid zero attention to games in the Southern group as it doesn't affect Yorkshire. Has Afridi been playing for Hampshire all through the T20 or just been drafted in?

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

August 22 2017, 8:48 PM 

Boom-boom has been a regular, but this was the first time he has opened.

7 finals day for Hampshire in the last 8 years. Perhaps more than being very lucky, as some posters suggest that this format is.

JG
(Login _JG_)

August 22 2017, 9:01 PM 

Yes, quite, Stu...

Shocking that we lost to this Derbyshire side twice, they are a very average team propped up by a couple of good overseas players and Madsen and have been exposed as such tonight.

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

August 22 2017, 9:17 PM 

8 overs for 51 against us for Madsen. Comical.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Derbyshire v Hants

August 22 2017, 9:56 PM 

Not the most gripping game of cricket I've ever watched.

Seemed to be too much of an occasion for Derbyshire.

Glamorgan v Leicestershire next, doesn't look too enticing on paper.

swfctyke
(Login swfctyke)

August 22 2017, 10:26 PM 

Clearly derbyshire had a very bad night all round. Madsen would take that catch every time. Think Reece is usually
a good T20 player too.
To call them "average" after losing twice to them does smell a little of our own arrogance!
The game could have been different if afridi hadn't come off and derby had been chasing 200, but that's the nature of the beast.

This message has been edited by swfctyke on Aug 22, 2017 10:34 PM

Pyrahtechnics
(Login Pyrahtechnics)

August 23 2017, 12:45 AM 

When requiring 12.5 runs from the off, there is little point in pacing an innings and hope to get near. Losing by 1 run or 101 runs in that situation makes no difference when the end result is the same.

I agree with Swfctykes view, Derbyshire performed well as a team and earned their right to reach the Quarter-Final whilst Yorkshire did not play to standards that they should have. Anyone can have an off-day, just like England in the Champions Trophy Semi-Finals but off-days are magnified in one-off matches.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

August 23 2017, 7:19 AM 

Hampshire won last nights game by employing a tactic we did not use - the element of surprise - and the first over was crucial with Afridi seeing off Madsen.

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

August 23 2017, 11:19 AM 

But why would we employ an element of surprise when our opening overs were pretty successful throughout the campaign? It was our strike rate in the later overs that let us down.

Pyrahtechnics
(Login Pyrahtechnics)

August 23 2017, 2:31 PM 

Yorkshire batting Adil Rashid above Jack Leaning and Liam Plunkett against Leicestershire in the final 5 overs was a surprising tactic in itself, when the situation warranted to get to around 200.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk