<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Notts taking no chances

August 23 2017 at 5:26 PM
Geoff B  (Login Coastalview)

Despite their healthy lead in the table Notts have re-signed Cheteshwar Pujara to help them clinch promotion from Div 2.

It will be interesting to see how our respective overseas players perform in the games remaining. Both teams have 4 games left to play.

I hope Marsh plays a strong role in the remaining CC games. In a perfect world I would feel more comfortable with Pujara.

Quite happy to be proved wrong in this case.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
(Login BrickyardBoy)

Re: Notts taking no chances

August 24 2017, 10:41 AM 

I agree, Geoff! I would be more than happy were YCCC able to find a way of developing a long-term relationship with Pujara. Class bat, who came over as a "good guy" in his previous short spell with us.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

August 24 2017, 11:30 AM 

I also agree - he has been the best, by a country mile, of our many overseas players in the last few years.

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Aug 24, 2017 11:31 AM

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

August 24 2017, 12:23 PM 

I liked Pujara, but let's not get carried away. In 2015 he scored 264 in 6 innings, over half of them in one knock. Before that hundred, there was some rumbling of the sort that has developed this year over Handscomb.

For comparison, Kane Williamson scored 629 in 13 innings the year before, again with a big chunk in one match. He also brought us some (illegal) bowling and better fielding that Pujara.

Getting it right is a difficult task. The overwhelming response on the Forum to the signings of Handscomb and Marsh was positive.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk