<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

4th day of test

August 24 2017 at 6:23 PM
Stu  (Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

Hope no-one has purchased tickets for the 4th day of the test. I will be amazed if the test starting tomorrow lasts longer than tea on the third day. A complete mis-match!!

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
(Login ThirdUmpire)

Re: 4th day of test

August 24 2017, 6:30 PM 

Sadly I've got 4th day ticket ..... for lords so hoping we will rest several players

Brian
(Login NewBrian)

August 24 2017, 7:26 PM 

Woakes for Toblerone, otherwise unchanged, it looks like. Marginally stronger team on paper than last outing. Wonder what effect if any the torrential rain of yesterday might have had.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

You never know

August 24 2017, 9:36 PM 

Looks like some decent weather for the week-end so I hope for the clubs sake they do go into the 4th day.

I'm not as foolhardy as to buy a ticket but I've left Monday open and will go if there's a decent wedge of cricket to see and the prices are reasonable.

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

August 24 2017, 9:41 PM 

Was rather hoping they'd keep R-J with them for the next few weeks.

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

August 24 2017, 10:46 PM 

Good luck to those travelling by car!!

What planning - Leeds Carnival, Leeds Festival & the Leeds Test match all this weekend.

Idleman -- Strauss's team do have two very important CC matches during the last two tests!! (With tongue very firmly in cheek).

This message has been edited by StuartRA on Aug 24, 2017 11:08 PM

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Personal milestones

August 25 2017, 8:44 AM 

Presume with Anderson approaching 500 wickets and Broad within reach of 400 neither of them were keen on being rested against a team of 'walking wickets'.

Woakes is now a returning regular so should return but TRJ is unlucky to be dropped.

I think he has shown enough to be pretty sure of his place in the ashes squad.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

August 31 2017, 9:27 AM 

JUst back from hols and this thread made me chuckle with hindsight!

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk