<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Hameed

August 28 2017 at 5:13 PM
Brian  (Login NewBrian)

Would be interesting to know how he played today. Does he look like Ashes opener?

Oh never mind, he's out.

This message has been edited by NewBrian on Aug 28, 2017 5:16 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
(Login swfctyke)

Re: Hameed

August 28 2017, 8:12 PM 

He's really not had a good year has he. I see Jennings also got a first baller today. God knows what will happen when Cook calls it a day in a couple of years.

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

August 28 2017, 8:28 PM 

Hameed today: played and missed a lot, lunging forward. One nice stroke, wide of mid-on, before the inevitable nick. He still plays with low hands - which he did, even when playing well - and if they pick him for Oz he will get injured. Or killed.

Night-watchman Parry looked a better player than Hameed. I'm looking forward to more Livingstone tomorrow, and to Buttler. Chanderpaul slightly less so!

Oli Stone highly impressive for Warwicks.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Coaching

August 28 2017, 9:06 PM 

Don't know the full details, or the rights and wrongs of the situation, but I hear coaching Hameed is a bit of a bun fight between his father and both the Lancashire and England set-ups.

He's running out of time to be selected for Australia on form and I can't see him being selected just on hope and expectation.

Dave Morton
(Login DaveMorton)

August 28 2017, 10:18 PM 

I think there's a good player in there, somewhere, and time is very much on his side. The problem is that each time Jennings/Ballance/Westley fails the memory of Hameed's innings in India (or was it Bangladesh?) comes through stronger for those who, like the Sky commentators and England coaches, do not watch county cricket.

Very soon, now, they are going to have to pick their line-up for Oz, and it's beginning to resemble a game of musical chairs. Stoneman has impressed, as did Hameed and Jennings and Westley and Ballance initially. But then they failed, and Stoneman could be one with a chair when the music stops. As it happens, I believe him to be the best opener not called Cook, as far as you can judge from county cricket shorn of international bowlers.

Like all Yorkshire supporters, I have seen a lot of Stoneman.

Howden73
(Login howden73)

August 30 2017, 9:40 PM 

Livingstone & Hameed may do well in the future but Chanderpaul is by far Lancashire's BEST batsman aged 43.

I hope he returns next season.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 6 2017, 6:51 PM 

Finally he has found some form with a typical gritty knock. That should secure his ashes tour.....

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

September 7 2017, 11:23 AM 

He caught up a bit in the end after a very slow start. Was this the innings of someone in form, or more like one of those hundreds that Lyth and Leaning scored early season. Painful to watch, out of form, but gritty? I'm not there but maybe someone who is can say.

We should not decry someone who can stay in - something the England top order need. But his first dozen runs took 100 balls - makes Compton (who was not considered dynamic enough) look like Sehwag!

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Score faster

September 7 2017, 8:21 PM 

In my view not only hasn't he done enough this season he is totally the wrong kind of opener for Australian conditions.

If he can stick around, which I doubt on fast bouncing pitches, he isn't going to move the game on at all and is quite likely to get hurt.

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

September 8 2017, 11:22 AM 

That knock really shouldn't be enough, given what a bad season he's had. However as England are so bereft of people to bat at 2 or 3, he is probably still the best selection as an additional batsman. The other addition should probably be Gary Ballance.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk