<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

England Unchanged for Series Decider

August 30 2017 at 1:29 PM

WRF  (Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

England have named an unchanged team for the third Test against the Windies

England: J Root (captain), M Ali, J Anderson, J Bairstow, S Broad, A Cook, M Crane, D Malan, T Roland-Jones, B Stokes, M Stoneman, T Westley, C Woakes.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Sigh of relief

August 30 2017, 10:44 PM 

Surprised but pleased Westley is given one more chance.

It would have been madness, but not beyond England, to have picked Ballance sight unseen since his injury.

Feel a lot more confident knowing he is with us for the last 4 matches.

Hope he kicks the England door down with a strong case playing for us.

Lew
(Login Lewis116)

Re: England Unchanged for Series Decider

August 31 2017, 9:51 AM 

Malan has done OK but I can see Starc pulling him apart in OZ.

I am all for players getting a good run but in Westleys he has a clear technical issue with anything not leg side.

Stoneman has earnt a good run. I would bring Hameed in one way or another and let his Dad coach him and play his old game before Englsnd tried to change it. Bat him 3 in a Trott like role and tell him he is staying there for years.

At 5, its too late to change now so would take Malan, but would have preferred to take either Clarke, Vince or Livingstone.

Bowling wise, TRJ shoulf start this Test. That said, I would have liked to see Craig Overton in the bowling ranks. He has upped his pace, has a good figure for OZ with height to get pace and bounce and offers a fine batting option at 9.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk