<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Roses U19 photos from Honley

September 1 2017 at 10:01 PM

Dave Morton  (Login DaveMorton)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/forwarddefensive/albums

Yorks beat Lancs U19s by 10 wickets in a two-day match at beautiful Honley CC. This is a sort of DIY competition between 6 Counties, with no ECB funding. Yorkshire had won one, had a couple rained off, and had crucially lost one, narrowly to Middlesex. Lancashire were the final opponents for 2017.

There were 5 Lancs wickets down for about 90 when I arrived just after lunch on day 1. I'm not sure how, or why, as the pitch was slow and low. George Lavelle led the recovery, looking in little trouble against any of the seamers, or two left-arm spinners, one off-spinner, or two leggies.

In the end they made 242. Yorkshire, in the persons of Harry Brook and Bilal Anjam, replied with 72 for 0 at the end of day 1. Lancashire's big ginger opening bowler Danny Houghton is one to look out for.

Day 2, I arrived on time, but so did the rain. In contrast to Todmorden last week, Honley CC worked feverishly to get the game going after an early lunch.

The Yorkshire openers continued on their merry way, and the Lancashire total was passed with ease as both made centuries. It was an absolutely gorgeous day now, one of the best of this awful summer.

Play continued, as laid down in the complex but enlightened rules. Bonus points were still available, and more could be gained in a second innings, if there was one. Anjam was lbw just as I left around 5 pm.

Two wonderful days of cricket.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Alex
(Premier Login AlexRoberts)
Owner

Re: Roses U19 photos from Honley

September 2 2017, 2:55 PM 

Thanks, David. Always a pleasure to view. You certainly have an eye for a great shot.

Alex

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk