<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
sid
(Login sid-don)
Assistant Moderator

Re: Headingley Heroes

September 3 2017, 10:08 PM 

No, the county game overall will be stronger.

16 mainly Friday T20s is the best option for that comp as a spectator comp and TV will be interested on those terms. A 50 over comp building during the season and a Aug final helps that. The championship is improved as it also builds during the summer.

Look at baseball and the way its the beating heart of the American summer, cricket should be the same here. At the moment it isn't, it can be and it deserves to be.

(Login sooty-yorkie1)

September 3 2017, 10:10 PM 

I agree i think a Friday night works, for me however it seems despite the initial negative feedback crowds seem to like the 20/20 format whenever it's played, which is good news to yccc.

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

September 3 2017, 10:15 PM 

Friday nights tagged on end on a 4 day game with no T20 practice. Standard will drop.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Careful what you wish for

September 3 2017, 10:45 PM 

Trouble is the only game that equates to anything like baseball is T20.

Tyke83
(Login Tyke83)

September 4 2017, 11:51 AM 

I'm surprised the call hasn't gone out for the return of three day county matches yet. In a 14 game season, you can reduce the number of days from 56 to 42, making it much easier to fit the cash cow events.

(Login dpressed)

September 4 2017, 6:10 PM 

The way Yorkshire are playing ATM 3 day matches are a bonus. We lost in under 2 at Scarbados

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 5 2017, 9:16 AM 

Calling a team Heroes may come BACK to haunt them when they finish bottom and no matter who they are they will never replace the cricketing heroes I have seen grace the headingley turf.

But we may get some decent sponsorship from Cadbury's and a few freeby chocolates thrown to the crowd by Flintoff via a cannon or similar

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Expensive chocolate

September 5 2017, 9:23 AM 

Of course this new cricket is not aimed at members and attendance would not be covered by the membership fee.

If you did want to go it may well be cheaper than for proper cricket but it will almost certainly cost a lot more than buying a decent sized chocolate bar for you own personal use.

You wouldn't need to push any kids out of the way to catch it either.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk