<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
peter
(Login Blackpooltyke)

Re: Championship | Yorkshire vs Middlesex at Headingley (Day Two)

September 6 2017, 2:19 PM 

Right now Dwight would be happy with 2 batting points

250-2 at close of play on day 1 would be fine....however this is now a 3 day match and the prime target is to finish the day batting....it would then be difficult to lose the match but we could still win it of we bowl well tomorrow

Has amy side made 400 in any innings at hq this season

The times I complain about batting points is when we end up 500-6 and yet only get 3 points....alas those days seem long ago now

garywilson
(Login garywilson2)

September 6 2017, 2:19 PM 

Clearly Peter i am not happy about any Yorkshire player being out . i am just making the point that a very large percentage of our runs have come in boundaries . It was 84 % a few minutes ago. I am not at the ground so obviously can't judge the bowling but i am comparing for example Surrey who at 158-4 have scored 49% of the runs in boundaries and Somerset who scored 52% of their runs in boundaries .

Someone on here made the point recently how quickly Joe Root scores when he first comes in by nudging ones and twos .

Not worth arguing about . Just struck me as odd.

This message has been edited by garywilson2 on Sep 6, 2017 2:27 PM

Martin
(Login Martinh00)

September 6 2017, 2:27 PM 

Not sure this is a performance that we should be dismissing as a disgrace. Others earlier in the season could certainly qualify for that label. We are doing better than anyone batting in Div 1 today I see. And I see that Hameed is making Lyth look like Graham Thorpe in the strike rotating league!

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

September 6 2017, 2:35 PM 

"We are real shambles - no batting points again. and relegation looming. If that happens, all our better players may leave"

Are you unfamiliar with contracts and how they work, Alibor?

garywilson
(Login garywilson2)

September 6 2017, 2:39 PM 

Hameed 7 singles off 87 balls . 90 balls .... he is going to get a good ball eventually and out for 15 !

Egham Tyke
(Login Davetyke)

September 6 2017, 2:46 PM 

No fighting in the playground children :-)We have to realise we're a side in transition. Some players getting older and skills slowly on the wane , others not performing to their best and one or two youngsters coming through. Results will fluctuate between good, bad and indifferent, it's the nature of the beast. Still just a sport though I really want us to win every time we take to the field

garywilson
(Login garywilson2)

September 6 2017, 2:54 PM 

and meanwhile at Edgbaston Warwicks are being spun out . Somerset likely to take 21 points .

Dwight_Schrute
(Login Dwight_Schrute)

September 6 2017, 2:56 PM 

Good to see a more positive approach from Leaning, looks much better than when he's scratching around.

Pyrahtechnics
(Login Pyrahtechnics)

September 6 2017, 3:03 PM 

The high percentage of boundaries and dot balls are down to Middlesex setting an attacking field, Yorkshire's batsmen latching on to anything remotely stray and the outfield running relatively quickly. While good balls are either getting blocked or whistling past the batsman.

Fraisse10
(Login Fraisse10)

September 6 2017, 3:43 PM 

A good session, the run rate is now over three, a good partnership, some decent wickets in hand. Tentative optimism....

(Login Harrogateyorkie)

September 6 2017, 3:52 PM 

Lyth got a good one no question. Leaning is playing best I've seen all season

Pyrahtechnics
(Login Pyrahtechnics)

September 6 2017, 3:56 PM 

BREAKING NEWS: Andrew Hodd has hit two runs to deep extra cover!

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 6 2017, 4:16 PM 

Just picked up the score after long meeting. All seem to have got in but then got out so suggests some application in tricky early conditions as we might expect if put in with no toss.

Why Hodd above Bresnan? Well easy to see why now. Well done Hoddy. And well done Jack plus Gale/Moxon for rewarding his score at Scarborough and not dropping him for TKC. I'd have still picked TKC ahead of Lees I think.

Some fight shown today and some restoring of our credentials

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

September 6 2017, 4:18 PM 

Hoddy gone now, but a really good partnership.

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

September 6 2017, 4:49 PM 

And congratulations to the coaches for picking the right players in the right order....

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

September 6 2017, 4:50 PM 

Excellent innings (again) from Jack Leaning well supported by Hodd after top order failure. Of course, I understand contracts but how long is the one for Gale?

Martin
(Login Martin00)

September 6 2017, 4:59 PM 

Arguably should have been done sooner, but Lees at 3 just seems pragmatic in the circumstances - it isn't an opening partnership that has fired for a long while anyway. Hodd at 6 is part pragmatism (Bresnan has struggled for form this year) but also you always get the sense that he will always rise to the challenge of batting higher.

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 6 2017, 5:11 PM 

Perhaps Adil should open then....

Idle man
(Login Idle_man)

September 6 2017, 5:12 PM 

Add 2 wickets, as the man says.

Alibor
(Login Alibor2)

September 6 2017, 5:17 PM 

Second new ball doing us damage but hopefully we will manage third batting point to match their likely 3 bowling points. Maybe the idea is to use Marsh as opener for 2 games and then Brathwaite. I believe Leaming is best at number 3 with Ballance at 5. Rashid seems to have lost form and probably confidence with his first class batting, which is disappointing. Good innings from Hodd in the circumstances. Will be interesting to see if our seamers will get movement as, if they do, this could become a very useful total.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk