<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

It's official..

September 6 2017 at 7:04 AM
Guest  (Login ThirdUmpire)

https://yorkshireccc.com/news/view/6004/brathwaite-to-join-yorkshire-after-headingley-masterclass

Makes sense. In form, available and better than what we currently have available. I wonder if we can now get his brother for t20 next year especially when we play Durham if Stokes free

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Tyke1950
(Login Tyke1950)

Re: It's official..

September 6 2017, 7:23 AM 

A sensible move. A solid and talented cricketer. Ideal for the short term. I only hope it stops raining for him.

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

September 6 2017, 9:10 AM 

i really hope so - and congratulations to the club for signing anyone. It would have been easy to save some pennies and not bother.
I just wonder if two good innings make a batsman.
I hope he brings some energy, obduracy and confidence to our batting line up..

(Login EastYorkshireTyke)

September 6 2017, 9:16 AM 

"I just wonder if two good innings make a batsman."

He has a very solid test record with 6 test centuries already. If he was English he'd walk into the current team as Cook's opening partner.

Ball-Sup (Phil)
(Login ball_sup)

September 6 2017, 9:40 AM 

Some doubts as to how to pronounce his name....

I'm going I Tin Er Ant ...

Steve C
(Login stevecowton)
Assistant Moderator

September 6 2017, 9:44 AM 

I stand corrected..
I know little about the man but i hope he's a huge success for us and cements a place as our overseas player for next year.
He's saying all the right things.

Frank Smith
(Login FreshStart1987)

September 6 2017, 9:52 AM 

Very good signing plus he's a man in form who's used to the conditions. Well done to the board for making a sensible choice. I was expecting some Aussie turning up in flip flops and taking till final day at Chelmsford to acclimatise. Hopefully can get Kraigg for next year if he makes a decent score in the final two games.

I'd certainly echo the previous comment about his record. The kids got 100's in UAE, England and South Africa so he's a far superior batsman to anybody in England's top 5 (excluding root n cook).

Pauld
(Login pdowgill)

September 6 2017, 10:27 AM 

I wonder what Lees makes of it???

garywilson
(Login garywilson2)

September 6 2017, 12:01 PM 

And i wonder what the comments from some on here will be if he fails . Rubbish and sack those idiots Moxon and Gale who signed him .....

(Login WhiteroseDave)

September 6 2017, 12:36 PM 

I hope he's a huge success and becomes our man for all of next season. Hopefully in turn this will mean Lees becomes our number 3 and the move helps him get back to his best.

Pyrahtechnics
(Login Pyrahtechnics)

September 6 2017, 12:59 PM 

"And i wonder what the comments from some on here will be if he fails . Rubbish and sack those idiots Moxon and Gale who signed him ....."

Look for other options next year?

Why would Moxon and Gale be criticised for Yorkshire actually identifying the top order batting problem by bringing in an Overseas player so late in the season?

(Login ThirdUmpire)

September 6 2017, 4:08 PM 

I just hope he' does better then our last West Indian overseas signing....

Stu
(Login StuartRA)
Assistant Moderator

September 6 2017, 8:44 PM 

I also hope he does well, but let's not get carried away with his perceived ability. He has a modest test average currently of 37.44. Not great by today's standards.

Geoff B
(Login Coastalview)

Boycott mould

September 6 2017, 8:47 PM 

I've heard him described as the kind of batsman you wouldn't pay money to watch.

Sounds just the right man for us.

(Login sooty-yorkie1)

September 6 2017, 8:49 PM 

He's no super star but I doubt there are exactly many other options at this time of the season.

(Login _JG_)

September 6 2017, 10:42 PM 

I'm not convinced these kind of signings should be allowed, but given that they are I think Brathwaite is as good a signing as the club can have made. No player is guaranteed to make runs during such a short stint, but as others have stated he is over here already and in-form so he should have as good a chance as any. Importantly the Windies tour hasn't been too long so he shouldn't be too burnt out from that either.

Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
All IP addresses are recorded. We reserve the right to remove personal attacks, sexist, racist, homophobic, defamatory or abusive comments, comments likely to incite religious hatred, those disposed to wind others up, and unapproved advertising.

Email us: Whiterosecricket@hotmail.co.uk